The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

1G Timing belt wear

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justyn

Probationary Member
Sep 30, 2019
Toronto, ON_Canada
Hey everyone. Today I took off my upper timi g belt cover to find wear on my timing belt. I changed the timing belt about 5 months ago due to the same reason. I would like some input on this and what could be causing the abnormal wear.

Thank you.

Attachments

• 15930269492972314954576369325051.jpg
    15930269492972314954576369325051.jpg
    1,020 KB · Views: 138
Curt-s and Lucky13. Man you guys are right on the money. Took it apart and found the screws are too long. Thanks guys.

If you have the original oil pan bolts two of the bolt heads are different if i recall. This is one of the main things I point out when people ask me about factory manuals. They mention this on the oil pan. I belt Chilton doesn't.
Sucks you have to do another belt.

I dont have another belt. You think I should be good without changing it for now?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back