The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

1G Timing Belt Tensioner Washer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thetech0922

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 26, 2010
Piedmont, South_Carolina
Ok stupid question: Timing belt tensioner..I bought OME parts for my timing belt kit. Both pulleys, belt, auto-tensioner, and the cylinder the pushes on the auto-tensioner. Bolted it all back up but my auto-tensioner is dragging?? I put a washer behind it that fit the bolt perfectly and it spins without any issues. Here is a picture of what i am talking about. 1 is where i put the washer behind :confused:

Attachments

• IMG_20101101_165126.jpg
    IMG_20101101_165126.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 109
ok thank you. I put one behind it that fit very well. Do think it will be ok or do i need to put the factory one behind it? The motor is out of the car fully assembled about to be dropped in next week.

I'll have to look and see if I still have the original washer on the mount I replaced (the tensioner arm pivot wore out) and if so measure it's thickness.

Edit: Turns out I misread the diagram in CAPS and there isn't a washer behind the tensioner pulley. Are you sure you have the right tensioner pulley? There is a difference between the 1G (MD129355) and 2G (MD182537) ones.

Yeah i never put a washer behind my 6-bolt tensioner pulley, it just sits flat aginst the the Tensioner Arm..Then the bolt is put through with a washer on the bolt (on top of the tensioner pulley) and torqued to 40 ft lbs..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back