The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Resolved 2G Timing Belt Tensioner Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ecd777

Probationary Member
Nov 26, 2011
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
This is my first timing belt job on my first DSM (98 Eclipse Spyder GST) but I have a few friends who have owned DSMs for a while now who are going to help me so I'm in good hands.

I got the Gates timing and balance shaft belts and a good set of pulleys. My question is where should I get the tensioner from? I've heard that all the aftermarket stuff is trash for the most part and that OEM is the way to go.

Does anyone know where I can get an OEM online? I know I can get one at a dealer but my work schedule makes it hard but if I have to I'll figure it out.

So if anyone can point me to a online parts place I can get it at id appreciate it.

Mitsubishi OEM Timing Belt Tensioner - 2G DSM 7-Bolt#-#OEM DSM Engine#-#Maintenance#-#DSM Performance Parts | DSMparts.com

will this fit?

I get all my parts from dsm graveyard because its pretty close. They have all brand new parts and their prices are good in my opinion. Thedsmgraveyard.com

If you haven't ordered it yet, Rockauto.com has them for about 50 bucks. I've had mine on my car for approx 10k miles after my rebuild and I've done the timing on it numerous times and its still holding up.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back