The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

TIMING BELT - Same in Evo 8 as 2G 4G63?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jessebenner

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 14, 2003
Fort Worth, Texas
Are the timing belts from an Evo 8 interchangable with our 2G 4G63's? I know they're on opposite sides of the engine, but are they the same belt?

I seen a Greddy/Trust Evo 8 timing belt for sale for $100, and want to get if it will work.

That one has the same part number as Greddy's website does for the Evo 8 belt, so I'm guessing they are compatible. Why does the Extreme PSI page say 90-99 at the top, then 90-94 at the bottom? I'm building a 6-bolt anyways, but I was just curious about the discrepency.

Are these equal. worse, or better than the Power Enterprises belt?

im "GUESSING" that they are the same for 90-99. i was doing a part search for 90-94 i think and it came up. if it has the same part number they will probably match up.

:dsm: :talon: :laser: :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back