The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Timing belt install

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsx rated98

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 16, 2004
LaPlata, Maryland
Bout to have my timing belt (pullies, water pump etc) done, just passed over 63000 miles on my 98.

was wondering what im looking at for instalation. Im not very comfertable doing the work myself. Ill do some stuff, but anything that can make "dead engine" id rather put it on someone elses shoulders.

but any ideas on how much it would run???

thanks

300 for labor sounds about right plus parts, should come out to around 500, if you get a good deal. Parts include water pump, bshaft and timing belts, two idlers, hydraulic tensioner, not sure if im missing anything else...

good luck. I'm actually doing my tbelt job at the end of this week.

Jeph

I'm at 113k. I hope mine will hold out till summer when I will have a garage all to myself:D I don't like paying people to work on my car.

Originally posted by GetEvryGear
I don't like paying people to work on my car.
I don't mind that so much. It's paying people to work on it and finding out they effed it up that gets me riled.

I get this horrible itching right where my finger nestles against a trigger.

Originally posted by Defiant
I don't mind that so much. It's paying people to work on it and finding out they effed it up that gets me riled.

I agree! As much as I like working on my car myself sometimes I just dont have the time. I once took my car in for a timing belt change and the stupid sons of beoocthes screwed up my timing so bad that my car sounded like a motor boat when I started it. :mad: They made me get all Q-Bert (@#%&!) on their rumps.

$300 is what I'll be paying, and a performance shop is doing it. The T-Belt kit with everything in it that I got was $165. Labor all together would be around $500 to install the turbo cams with the T-belt job. So all together will probably be around $670-$700. Which is pretty good since the only Mitsu dealer around here wanted $800. $300 sounds like a pretty solid price for labor.

~Andrew~:laser:

if you even remotely follow the vfaq youd be putting it on the cams first.....so........follow the instructions. intake, exhaust, idler pulley, oil pump, crank, tensioner pulley....then do the tension.....?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back