The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

TIMING BELT BROKE!!! Need help finding Valves!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WHite97RS

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 10, 2002
Richmond, Virginia
I was on my way to lynchburg VA when my timing belt broke, i need some help finding some valves incase the valves got bent!!!! if anyone could let me know of a place i can find some descent valves to put back in this thing id be happy. its a 97 rs, n/t. Please email back ASAP!:( :dsm:

I must admit it was my stupidity, but i have never changed the belt, but i purchased it from a saturn dealership with a lil over 99k, now it has about 120k. I am now obviously paying for my mistake in not changing it sooner.OMG :(

Just to let you know I am posting a set of valves, springs, retainers, 14 hydraulic lifters (2 were bad). They came out of a good running 97 Eclipse GS. I got the head from the local dealer for relatively cheap. I also have an extra set of valve springs that have 35K on them. I replaced them with Crane springs. I plan on putting them up tomarrow if I can get my camera working. Sorry to hear about your luck.

thanks for the info, does anyone know if they make titanium valves or is it just titanium springs????

Crower is the only company as of right now that makes titanium retainers. Crane does but the dimensions are specifically for the DOHC Neon and not our DSM's. Ask Howell's Automotive or the people @ Crane and they will tell you the same thing. The valve springs are just a lot stronger and can handle something like 10,000rpms (both Crane & Crower):thumb:

so my best bet would be to go with stock valves, or go with stainless steel valves? due to my understanding that no one makes titanium valves?

Stainless are going to be a little better then stock, I think Ferrera makes them for our cars but not certain. The cheapest route to go would be stock valves, stock retainers, Crane Springs (incase you want to throw in some camshafts later, you won't have to take the head back off) wish I could have bought the crower titanium retainers but couldn't due to money (they weight half the weight of stock retainers) I feel that with my Crane springs, I can redline all the time and not have to worry about any valve float. I'm still trying to get a hold of a digital camera so I can put my stuff on ebay.:thumb:

The guy whos doin this work for me has the hook up with a machinist, but the price is gonna be like 700 bucks to get all the work done to repair the head. I found a whole new head from buschur racing, can you guys check it out and lemme know yalls opinion??? Its the stage one cylinder head.....http://www.buschurracing.com/

just thought i should say what the head work would consist of, porting the head, shaving the head, new valves, unknown botu the springs depends on the condition, same as retainers

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back