The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

EVOscan Timing Advance Signal Evoscan Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Callum Mccawe

Probationary Member
Jun 29, 2017
Whakatane, New_Zealand
Hi, I’m having trouble understanding and determining what I’m seeing on EvoScan....in particular “Timing Advance” now with the key on engine off it says -5 when the car is idling and at operating temp it swings around -4 to 4...it is really erratic for example it will be 0 then -3 then -2 then 4 then 0 then -1 etc etc and it does this constantly, it doesn’t sit at any value, now when this is happening I check the timing with timing light and I’m seeing around 6-9 btdc and when I ground connector it’s at 5 btdc and steady, all the while the timing advance parameter on Evoscan is as described.. is this right or wrong, I mean is the timing on evoscan a different type of timing advance? I’m confused and worried... idle is fine but it sounds like it’s missing quiet out the exhaust....

2nd thing is I recently changed the 2 wire temperature sensor on thermostat for the ecu (not the gauge) because the other one threw a CEL and instantly when rich and ran shit, I got this one from eBay for $40. Now when I’m running evoscan I’m getting to 97*C (207 or so F) before the fans kick on, the fan sensor is new and genuine and comes on at the right time according to the autometer gauge which is 185*F (roughly 82*c) but the evoscan is saying I’m 97*c!!! I’m guessing that is the wrong source because the fans kick on at the right time and turn off at the right time according to my gauge and the thermostat switch for the fans....would the eBay sensor be causing the ecu to think it’s way hotter than it is? And would this cause Lean conditions?

here is my log, car is off at first then I start it, when the idle settles the timing advance goes crazy, whats going on???

Attachments

• EvoScanDataLog_2018.09.13_14.52.16.csv
    563.4 KB · Views: 30
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back