The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Timing advance kit +20 hp????

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TSIAWDTalon

20+ Year Contributor
Jun 21, 2002
Greensburg, Kentucky
I got suckered by this guy on e-bay advertising a "performance chip" for my Talon. Bought it for 29 bucks and he sent me a "timing advance kit" which turned out to be a resistor from Radio Shack. The chump didnt even send installation instructions, and wont return my e-mails or phone calls. I have taken this issue up with e-bay, but any way, I am stuck here with a 29 dollar resistor, and no where to put it. Has anyone ever heard of these before? If so, where the hell do I put it? :confused: Do I just have to suck it up, and take it as a lesson learned? Any help would be appreciated. And stay away from e-bay seller [email protected]. If I had wanted a timing advance kit, that is what I would have bought.

So your one of those ebay sheep guys that buy just about anything ;) Basically you put it on your mas and it sends a false temp signal to the ecu and gives you much better timing advance and it will make you run a lot richer.

When I was first tuning my car on the safc I was literally stunned at how much of a difference it made in fuel delivery and timing advance.

Do yourself a favor and throw it away. It will do way more harm than good. Buyer beware is always rule of thumb. Live and learn comes to mind as well.

The only reason I even bought it to begin with is I work in the performance chip industry, and I was curious as to where it plugged into, and what it looked like. I am not your everday j@ck@zz, just thought I stumbled across something good. Upon later investigation (there is that d@mn hindsight thing again) I discovered the guy that got me had over 180 of these things for sale for various cars, from the Focus to a Neon. Lesson learned.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back