The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Timing adjustment

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazed76

Probationary Member
May 28, 2002
NJ
I think the timing might be off on my car. So I go to check it and can't seem to find the mark on the crank pulley. Do any of you know what this mark looks like and it's location on the pulley? (is it on the outside, inside, middle?) I can't seem to find it. :confused:

You're outta luck there. You have to take the pulley itself off along with the timing belt cover. There you should be able to line up the cams, balancer shaft pulley, crank pulley, and oil pump pulley. All of these line up when #1 piston hits TDC. Get the diagram from www.vfaq.com to see exactly where the timing marks are.

the mark is a small divet or cut mark at inner edge of pully thats near the multi rib grooves.If you cant spot with strobe light it will have to be marked first.liquid paper or white pen works for me try under car its very accesable with splash guard off.
Link must be grounded for timing adjustment check faq

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back