The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Time to sell my 2g? :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well, i'm at the same point with my GS-T.
I just got done fixing a ball joint and stripped head.
Do I really want to keep finding out what else is wrong?

I've always liked the look of subbies and evos..
More rally cars.

So i'm in the same boat, I don't even know what I want.
But as i've come to see it, if I saw someody come pick my car up and leave with it.
I don't know, I'd probably cry. I'm really attached to my DSM..

If you did sell it I would take all the aftermarket off it. There is no sense in paying for things twice and the amount it adds to your car compared to what it costs to buy it seperatly is much smaller.

Why not keep it and get a 1g? Maybe that's what you need to make you happy. Settle down in a nice home on the prairie, start a DSM family. Watch them grow up. You know how it is.

i used to own a 2g gst and got rid of it because the turbo was going out and tranny started to get messed up but i also had a 1g and couldnt fix two cars at once so i sold my 2g and within a month the kid i sold it to had to change the tranny turbo and a motor cause it crank walked LOL im glad i got rid of it that would of been more money out my pocket and wasnt really worth it cause i would of had to pay more on parts and getting it fix than the car is worth.

Just keep it. Store it in a garage or something where you wont be able to touch it. I got tired of my 1g and left it sitting in the front yard under the tree. Then got myself a 2g. I tried to sell it but I keep backing out. I keep saying "do I really want to sell it?". Now the question is Do YOU want to sell it? and seeing it drive away with a stranger you dont know.

Good luck on the really hard decision you gotta make.

Why not keep it and get a 1g? Maybe that's what you need to make you happy. Settle down in a nice home on the prairie, start a DSM family. Watch them grow up. You know how it is.

Thats what I did; except i'm in the mountains. Makes me so happy, I can't wait to have another.:D

im glad i got rid of it that would of been more money out my pocket and wasnt really worth it cause i would of had to pay more on parts and getting it fix than the car is worth.

You will always put more money into your car than you can get out of it, if you keep it long enough; this is the nature of the beast. I don't regret keeping my 2g.

After almost 3 years with it, I kinda feel like letting it go. I don't want to get out of DSMs by any means, so I would want to start over with a 1g. I have just lost the "drive" with this car I guess. I just don't look at it the same way I did before. I don't really look forward to working on it like I used to. Plus, I have this sort of itch to get a 1g to try them out.

I just finished up swapping it over to a 5spd. After this whole swap, it just hasn't made me as satisfied as i would have hoped. I want to keep modding, but I also keep putting of maintenence.

I think that this car was a good learning experience so that I know some things to bild my NEXT dsm. If I DO get a 1g, I have learned that I should first do ALL possible maintence (engine, suspension, drivetrain) before trying to mod it. Unfortunately I did not do this for my current car and it caught up to me later on. As it sits, the car is running well but it needs to have a trans leak fixed. Other than that it's a champ, 96 GSX, black leather interior, 16g, DSMLink, etc.

What do some of you guys think? Has anyone had to make a choice like this and start over with a new DSM? I would like to here some of your opinions. It is just going to be hard because I have put so many hours into this car, but it just isn't so fun anymore, and I don't look forward to it. It seems like a new DSM might be the right thing.

Don't feel bad man after i did my manual swap on my 2g and it died again i gave up.. untill i bought my Gvr4 i love my galant alot more than i did the 2g, the only thing i miss is the looks the 2g got haha..

my .02
Jesse

After almost 3 years with it, I kinda feel like letting it go. I don't want to get out of DSMs by any means, so I would want to start over with a 1g. I have just lost the "drive" with this car I guess. I just don't look at it the same way I did before. I don't really look forward to working on it like I used to. Plus, I have this sort of itch to get a 1g to try them out.

I just finished up swapping it over to a 5spd. After this whole swap, it just hasn't made me as satisfied as i would have hoped. I want to keep modding, but I also keep putting of maintenence.

I think that this car was a good learning experience so that I know some things to bild my NEXT dsm. If I DO get a 1g, I have learned that I should first do ALL possible maintence (engine, suspension, drivetrain) before trying to mod it. Unfortunately I did not do this for my current car and it caught up to me later on. As it sits, the car is running well but it needs to have a trans leak fixed. Other than that it's a champ, 96 GSX, black leather interior, 16g, DSMLink, etc.

What do some of you guys think? Has anyone had to make a choice like this and start over with a new DSM? I would like to here some of your opinions. It is just going to be hard because I have put so many hours into this car, but it just isn't so fun anymore, and I don't look forward to it. It seems like a new DSM might be the right thing.

Trade you for my red 91 with 65k on it.

I cant get rid of the 1ga they are just to damn sexy.

More rally cars.

But as i've come to see it, if I saw someody come pick my car up and leave with it.

Even though mine is mostly stock, my 95 has 119,000 miles and it's been my DD since 98.

I refuse to sell my DSM. They're almost classics!

i have been thinking about this too...and i dont know what i would do either...

i know that doesnt help but, your not alont on this one...

Even though mine is mostly stock, my 95 has 119,000 miles and it's been my DD since 98.

I refuse to sell my DSM. They're almost classics!

What is funny is, I did a 6 bolt and ever since then everything is starting to fall aprt.
I love it, but i'm afraid to find what else is hiding around the corner that i'll have to fix.

But if I were to sell it, OH god I don't even know haha. I'm so attached to my car it's pathetic.

Have you had any problems?

More rally cars.

Am on that one as well After I did the tranny the engine went finished the engine and now the whole wiring harness got burned I bought the under dash wiring and fixed the under hood wiring today I will be installing it tomorrow but I'm just gonna get it running to sell it or trade it for a 1G I really want a 1G AWD in white.those are my plans right now.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back