The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Time Slips

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goblin

20+ Year Contributor
Jun 11, 2002
Boise_Idaho
In the eternal struggle I have with my a$shole of a brother I am at my wits end with his constant fundementalism when it comes to DSMs and other cars alike.

When ever I talk about ETs he gives me lines like "They don't go that fast you are being lied to," or "yeah sure they go that fast but they have $50K under the hood," and things to that affect. So anyone with 13 or lower ETs could you please post pics/scans of your time slips because I'm just sick and tired of being belittled by fam and friends because I'm the only one that likes DSMs.

www.dsmtimes.org

I just updated my new best time there but they haven't posted it yet. What does it matter what he thinks? Buy a turbo dsm and show him:cool: BTW, every single person on there has to mail in there timeslip to the administrator, so they aint bull...

Originally posted by dsm
if u were closer to me id come by and show your brother. my best now is 12.8, and ive only spent about 4000 on everything, includeing gauges,afc,etc.

if you ran a 12.80 then why does your timeslip in your profile say 13.57 @ 104?

Thanks for that link it's awesome. I'm still willing to bet thought that my bro will tell me that it is BS like always and that is why I don't talk cars with him anymore and I don 't help him with his Supra. He always hits me with crap like:

"It just doesn't make sense that a 500hp Viper only runs 13s stock and you are trying to tell me that these b][tch cars can run 11s with an average of $5k under the hood! Bull sh][t it can't be done and isn't possible."

Then I try telling him that a Viper is nearly a damned super car that is designed and geared to go to 200mph and cuise there. The DSM is an awesome QUATER MILE car/ stop light to stop light car that's why it can hang with a viper (stock) UNDER a quarter mile because the viper gets GOING at 100mph and most ETS are 120-140 so YES indeed it would destroy a DSM just not in a quarter of a mile and that is why DSMs kick a$s because from stop light to stop light (quarter mile) they own.

Then he always hits me with "No way you are going to get a TSI to run ANY 12 at this elevation and still have it streetable." As you can see I have my work cut out for me:rolleyes:

No offence but your brother's an idiot. I can't stand people like that. I get it all the time...especially in MI. A lot of people are so damned ignorant and stuck on the fack that V8's are the only things worth going fast. A lot of times I wish I could just tell them to stick their carburetor up their a$$.

Dude, obviously you are waisting your breathe trying to explain this to him. He is a complete idiot. WHy not jsut build your car and hsow it to him first hand. The funny thing is that even if you do that he will probably blame the track for screwing up your time.

Don't get hung up on people with that attitude, because they must not be much of a mechanic if they cannot see any motor is capable of making power.

Well for the most part I agree. I dont agree with what you said about dsm's running 11's with less than 5k invested. That may have happened in a few cases but not likely for the common bad-ass.

Not to bang on you just saying what I think thats all...oh and if the driver of a viper can't run a 12 completely stock than he aint much of a driver at all:dsm:

Originally posted by candela
Well for the most part I agree. I dont agree with what you said about dsm's running 11's with less than 5k invested. That may have happened in a few cases but not likely for the common bad-ass.

Not to bang on you just saying what I think thats all...oh and if the driver of a viper can't run a 12 completely stock than he aint much of a driver at all:dsm:

No I agree with you Candela I'm not claiming all DSMs car bust 11s on $5k at all, I'm just saying that I've shown by brother it can and HAS been done but then he makes it out like it is a giant conspiracy that people are in on so they don't feel bad about owning "slow 4bangers".

My bros biggest problem is that he thinks we are still teenagers or something and he has an inferiority complex when it comes to "his little brother knowing something he doesn't." He just always has to try and shoot me down.:|

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back