The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Quitters- soon ghosts to us (selling/sold my DSM)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wow. just got done reading this page.

Spoolio you are a freaking moron. You show you know absolutely nothing and spout bullshit remarks. You were the first to cuss in this entire page *Post #768), and then you act like you didnt and go after 99gst_racer like he broke some huge cussing rule?

Id rather spend 1300$ to make a GST a GSX than buy an entirely new dsm with a whole shitload of unknown problems that would cost easily more than 1300$ to fix. durr. Thats called common sense.

And just cuase you can get a hookup on parts doesnt mean 99.999% of the population can too. Nobody gives a shit that you can get shit at 50% discount, actually i highly doubt this fact, id imagine most of what you said was made up to make you look better for the sake of arguing. If you can, get me a Stegemeir Stage5 ported eaton for my 03 Cobra. I would also like a cog drive setup too, im sick of squealing belts and slippage.

and no, GTO's arent cheap to mod. It is true you can get good gains from boltons on the LSx motors, but since the GTO isnt exactly cheap to buy in the first place, why should vendors sell mods for cheap knowing what the owners bought their cars for? And once again, nobody gives a shit about your "hookup". Hell i heard 03/04 Cobras are cheap to mod, the hell they arent. I priced out a ported blower and fuel setup and it was around ~$4k before dyno time. I hate this when locals and communities make shit sound cheap to mod, but then you get into things and you get nickle'd and dime'd to death. Hell same with DSM's, if you do things right it still costs a good amount. I have a box of reciepts for a motor rebuild that totals almost $1k, and its still a stock bottom end!

please end yourself. Had i been a mod, i would have banned you for just being stupid.

i wouldnt get rid of my car even though its an rs. but im in the search progress of getting an srt4 also.

to many issues not worth my time ... going back to my supra =( not gonna lie shes a fun car but oooh well

wow ppl get to mad over letting go of a dsm its just one car they arent the best a real car person wouldnt be mad over this expect if i was going for a honda then ok

Well I decided to sell her after only a few short months. I went to buy another GSX-R 1000 and the wife shot me down. My choice was either the DSM or a bike. So I decided to put her up on the market :cry:. I swore I'd never sell this one but I guess I lied to myself. On the good side I'm getting a 2008 GSX-R 1000(white and grey). And a new SRT-10 Quad Cab. Wish me luck, and I'm sure I'll be back later.

phunny

Hate to hear that.

So, you're getting a bike you'll only be able to enjoy for half the year or less and a truck that probably sucks down twice as much gas as the GSX... -yeah, you'll be back.

If I may, how much are you selling it for? It's too bad you have to get rid of such a nice DSM, I doubt you'll find another one like that next time. If I had the money I'd hold it for you until you see the light. Good luck bud.

I'm gonna post it on autotrader for 10,500Firm, but for a dsmtuners member I'd go to 9,200. This will be my 3rd bike and I'll never sell this one. I'll buy another dsm in probably 3 years after we sell this house a buy one with a massive garage. I just Don't have time for anything right now. I work full time and go to school full time. Still really back and forth about selling her. If I had a nice garage I'd just store her till I get time, but I don't and I won't have her just sit outside on the street all day.

GSX-R 1000 :cool:. That's a pretty sweet bike, post some pictures when you get it!

YES!! It is like coming off heroin! Why did you get rid of it?, if you dont mind me asking.

Mines been down for 4 months waiting on a rebuild, and I'm having serious withdrawals! I can't imagine selling it unless I had something really sweet to replace it...looks like you've got that covered, though LOL. That's what I want for a DD/second car! I wouldn't be too sad if that was the next thing I was driving. Plenty of aftermarket support for the IS300, handles great, has decent power, and room for 4 actual adults. Good luck!

My friend Mike has a 2g Gst that he dumped a lot of money into and ended up having a lot of issues with it on and off and after 2 years eventually decieded to sell his as well, and ironic to you, he ended up getting the is300 lexus also LOL.

So which year is that one? Is it one of the earlier ones with the 2jze motor is it a later production? When we were looking for the wifes car my money was on the IS300 and the wife wanted the 5-series. She won and got the 5 partly because she knew that if I got the lex I would not leave it stock.

So which year is that one? Is it one of the earlier ones with the 2jze motor is it a later production? When we were looking for the wifes car my money was on the IS300 and the wife wanted the 5-series. She won and got the 5 partly because she knew that if I got the lex I would not leave it stock.

its a 01... sad since i wanted it in stick but i'm getting used to the E-shift nicely... but yes, its got the famous 2jz-ge motor in it :) I'm already looking for a manifold, hahaha i guess once you start modding you never stop modding...

its a 01... sad since i wanted it in stick but i'm getting used to the E-shift nicely... but yes, its got the famous 2jz-ge motor in it :) I'm already looking for a manifold, hahaha i guess once you start modding you never stop modding...

The IS is RWD right?

Convert it to stick and slap a LSD in that beast.
Ya know what to do from there.

Yeah its rwd.

But they are slow as phuck.

For its weight I think its decent... switch on the ETC button along w/ manual shifting and it moves :).... alot more than I can say for the s2000 i ALMOST bought..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back