The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

Time for a turbo upgrade.. 68hta or hx35?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe' GSX

5+ Year Contributor
Mar 30, 2018
Houston, Texas
I now have my eclipse sitting in the garage with more time to be worked on since I picked up a new Ecoboost stang to daily. I'm looking to achieve close to 400AWHP , I already have : Aftermarket ebay manual boost controller, Injen air intake, Godspeed FMIC, GReddy Type -S recirculated bov, Stage 3 EFT Clutch & light weight flywheel. All maintenance is up to date.

I got the stock 7 bolt engine at the moment. Thinking of starting off with a Afpr & a turbo upgrade first along w/ dsm link. Stuck between the HX35 & FP68HTA.

Any recommendations?

Also considering a GST in my area that has a 7 blade HX35 already installed and running well w a 6 bolt built engine. Might be worth buying and swapping.

Any pointer for my power goal are welcome

^^ This is true. I'll have a freshly built 8 blade hx35 in a bep housing up for sale shortly as well.

I've run all. (hx35/ v168hta/v68hta) and the hx35 is my favorite with the v168hta being shortly behind. all of the above will hit power goals with e-85.

What sold me on the holset (inner ricer coming out) is the sound of the turbo spooling is intoxicating.

Now kids, settle down......:p

Im running a bone stock 7 bolt with literally only headstuds my 95 awd auto car with a t3 twin scroll hx35 at 35psi on e85, @MorrisonFab consolidated runner twin scroll t3 manifold and FIC 1220s. I have less than $4k in the whole build including buying the car LOL. Have ran a best of 11.55 @ 120mph in the quarter and 7.43 @ 96mph in the 8th mile all while cutting horrible 1.9 sixty foot times from spinning all 4 off the line. Its making VERY good power and keeps up with 600hp domestics ALL DAY ;).

Hey now, she was a very PRETTY girl!!!! And boy do I need help, ask anyone, they will tell you "That guy needs help!" :ohdamn:

Glad to see MY SON posting up some results from his last outing to the track, which is making dad jealous!!!! :p
Good job Son!!!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back