The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Time for a built trans?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjgrizz73

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 17, 2007
Carbondale, Pennsylvania
Hey everyone. I wanted to get some opinions. Im converting my spyder to AWD now, I had an AWD tranny in it with the welded center diff and VCE to run FWD. I ended up blowing out the front diff in it...but now that it will be AWD should I spend the money on a TRE or Shep or just throw a stocker in it? My setup is in my profile, just a 50trim and meth etc. Thanks for the help...

I would certainly get a rebuild from shep even with lighter mod's than what you have. The transmission is the weakest point on a dsm so that's where you should dump your money. Maybe go with the 4 spider instead of the welded since your going awd. More street friendly from what I've heard.

Btw LOVE your car.

deffently upgrade... always over build if you have the money for it... the car will be more relighable in the end

Yea I know they are the weakest point but I will be making 400-450ish tops with no real plans of making more since its my summer street warrior. Id probably reuse the welded center since I have it, the hopping etc wouldnt bother me much at all I was used to it with a 1968 camaro with a detroit locker Ford 9" in it haha.

Thats the thing, money is VERY tight right now and saving the extra 1,000+$ would be amazing

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back