The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

ticking lifters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LivinLow

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 20, 2004
Brantford, ON_Canada
hey guys i just picked up a 93 talon es,car runs absolutly great,nothin wrong with it at all,but today i was messin with the car,had to change the powerstereing belt,and when i finished,fired it up and my lifters were ticking quite loudly,jus wonderin if this is a common problem with these cars or wot? and if theirs anything easy and cheap i can do to fix it,the car has a rebuilt motor with only 60,000 kms on it or 35,000 miles,any thoughts on wot i should do???

Mine tick and have been ticking since i've owned the car (about 6 years). I understand that it's common and does no harm, usually. It sucks, but I live with it. I suggest you do the same, unless someone else has another option.

ok thanx guys,i see it's not a serious problem with these engines.Peace!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back