The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Tial MVS spring color

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seattleshawn

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 7, 2010
Edmonds, Washington
So I know I'm color blind but its not like i see black and white. I also had my girlfriend look at these and she couldent really make heads or tails of them either. So according to tial I need a copper/brown spring(s) to run 11.60 PSI. These were the springs that were included in with the valve. The valve was bought new. Someone tell me what springs I need because i see black, white, red, blue, yellow, green. NONE of those colors are listed on the sheet. Thanks

Attachments

• 2012-03-04 19.04.35.jpg
    2012-03-04 19.04.35.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 311
Last edited:
All the springs I've gotten I could barely tell the color of them. Those are painted amazingly!!!....maybe that's the reason I've had 3 wastegate spring failures in under 1500 miles and 1 rebuild from TiAL ( in wich my "rebuilt gate" was sent
back to me with a new diaphragm and the OLD COLLAPSED springs put back in it) at least they sent extra springs in the box, too bad I couldn't tell the color of the springs except maroon LOL

Your springs are actually painted very well. Here is a picture of one of my MVS gates taken apart with all the springs around it.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

This is the list i used for selecting my springs for the proper psi rate. Everything matched up for me using it.

It would probably be safe to assume that they sent you the wrong springs. Are you sure the vendor sent you the correct WG?

I agree they are painted well, Im just saying the colors dont match to the sheet. That's the exact same sheet that came in my box. The gate came with my o2 housing I bought new from punishment. Its the correct gate they sent me the box it came in. Maybe I will contact them and see what they have to say.

Tial recently changed over the spring coloring and it looks like we shipped you the old chart with the new springs. Sorry about that.

Here is the new chart:

This comes straight from there website:
http://www.tialmedia.com/documents/MVSspc.png

Tim

Awesome! Thanks Tim. O2 housing looks amazing too. Nice work!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back