The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Tial BOV and dejon tool UICP fitting problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djsven

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 10, 2003
Rochester, Minnesota
Hi,

I was trying to install my dejon tool 2.5" upper intercooler piping with GM MAF sensor and tial bov. But looking at the picture, you see that I have hood clearance problems. Has anyone else ran into this problem with the same or simular setup? What did you do to make it fit under the hood. BTW, sorry for the quality of the picture. My wife took the digital camera on a trip.
Thanks,

Sven

Attachments

• tail bov to big.JPG
    tail bov to big.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 311
Is the pipe or the BOV hitting? The pipe is a tight fit and I would recommend getting silicone reducers to fit the pipe. My dejon upper has the maf fitting and it was tough to get the pipe onto the sidemount IC. give dave a call as he is usually helpful and if the BOV flange was welded in the wrong position he will take it backfor a correct one.

I thought that on the dejon pipes the BOV is supposed to be facing down, and not on the top of the pipe? I do remember hearing about them having a problem with some being made incorrectly where the outlet was on the top of the pipe. Of course that may not be the same for the exact pipe you purchased. Have you tried contacting Dejon tool?

holy smokes - i welded my own flange on my uicp - and the hood still hits the BOV very slightly. ya , i would contact dejon.

with the big BOV's on the market alot of eclipse owners are relocating their BOV on the bottom or on the side of the UPIC piping or they will relocate it to their lower intercooler piping next to the turbo. its a little louder aswell. only problem with that is they get a little more dirty than usual and more vacuum line is ran.

Hi,

I talked to dejon tool and they were very friendly and helpful. We came to the conclusion that I ordered the wrong pipe. I have a 2g with a 1g head and 1g intake manifold. There is a slight difference where the manifold is located and in which angle the throttle body elbow bolts onto. So, I have 2 options. 1) I can return it and get a new pipe free of charge or 2) I can modify the flange and rotate the elbow to fit. Well, I am going to try to modify it first, because I had someone else powder coat my piping and dejon tool can't match that color. If that doesn't work out, I have to sent it back.
So, make sure you order the right pipe, because every intake manifold is different!
Thanks for the replies,

Sven

did you ask dejon if you modded the pipe if they would still return it ? Most people you mod that pipe you just bought it for good. What are they going to be able to do with a modded pipe ?

Hi,

The only thing that's going to be modified, are the holes where the bolts go through. I am going to make them a little bigger and try to create a better angle.

Sven

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back