The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

throws codes po325,p1500,po505

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

97gst1126

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 23, 2008
murfreesboro, Tennessee
Ok so I just got home and after sitting at a firends house with the car running for 5 minutes tops my check engine light came on. Long story short I checked the codes and came up with these 3.

PO325- knock sensor 1 circuit (bank 1)
P1500- Generator FR terminal circuit malfunction
PO505- Idle Air Control system

Other things wrong..
I have went through 5 yes FIVE alternators in the past 3-4 months at first i thought it was just standard remanufactored piece's of junk. But after the 3rd i knew something wasnt right. I have searched for all sorts of things, but no luck yet in a solution.

My idle will hit 2k and come back to 1k everytime i stop at a light/stop sign i thought it may be a boost leak of some sort so i went throughout the car, but havent found a thing.

As for the codes im at a total loss i have searched the internet and i know what the knock is, but i have no idea why it would be that because it runs fine and this engine is a brand new fresh rebuilt 6 bolt. I have read to see if it has "melted" ? I havent had time to look at that yet. So anything is helpful i have no idea what the other 2 codes mean exactly even after searching the forum.

First of all check your IAC plug... Second It is possible to be a boost/vacuum leak, if thats the case get some wd-40 and start spraying it around vacuum hoses and it should spike if you find a leak. as far as the sensors I would personally go out and buy M.I.L. eliminaters for any sensor that goes out unless it runs a guage thats just me, I guess

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back