The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

Throw out bearing question?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TotalEclipse112

20+ Year Contributor
Aug 21, 2002
Jeannette, Pennsylvania
Ok I just got my clutch kit(ACT 2600) and I know that everyone says that the NKG throw bearings suck.So when I got my kit it came with a Nachi throw bearing, and I was wondering if that was any good?I test fitted it and it didn't seem to stick at all and I tried to make it stick and it wouldn't.So I took that as a good sign, but is it any good is what I would like to know.Also when I cleaned off the old bearing it was a NKG whats up with that?It was like that from the factory.So if Mitsubishi buts them in there whats so bad with them?But what I really need to know is the Nachi bearing safe to use.Thanks in advance.

hmmm...ive never heard anyone complain about a properly lubed nkg throwout bearing. in fact, its the one that comes with the act clutches that has the noise making problem and the sticking. just make sure u use the nkg the right way. ive talked to several of the major dsm shops like FP and diamond star motorsport, and they confirmed that it doesnt really make a difference between the nkg and the act. i just bought the nkg in the end.

Personally, I would only recommend a Mitsu OEM throwout bearing (which is NOT the same one that comes with an ACT 2600) . I've heard nasty stories that the ACT ones can cause undue wear and tear, but I'm not wanting to spread hearsay - so as far as I know, there's no problem with the one you have.

My advise is to ensure that your new throwout bearing is properly lubricated when you install it. Put a good goating of automotive grease on the bearing and on its fitting before you install it, and remove the excess, and you should be all good.

I just got done replacing my throwout bearing, so drop me a PM if you have any questions - you can also check my thread in this forum "Now THIS is a blown throwout bearing! (pics)"
:thumb:

Just make sure that you get a bearing with a plastic innner sleeve. Lots of people run the metal sleeved bearings with no problems, but there are several people that have had major headaches due to the metal sleeved bearings. I would get the mitsubishi bearing if i were you.

Thanks for all the input, I'll let you know how it turns out whenever I get the thing running.Thanks again

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back