The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

420A Regular clutch on 2gNT (Saga Continues)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gavinrich25

Proven Member
Jul 26, 2021
Roanoke, Virginia
Alright bought this 1997 eclipse rs with a bad clutch didn’t think anything of it I get the transmission off and it’s not a modular clutch I looked the clutch up and it is a pretty expensive one so I was confused what was wrong. Another thing with the trans the clutch fork was broke and it had a bunch of like spacers with it. The throw out bearing was also trashed can sombody plz explain how they where able to do this on a 420a I tried seeing if they switched trans but there is no stamp just a sticker I looked up numbers on it and nothing came up so if sombody has an idea that would be nice.

Another thing if I buy a normal modular clutch for this car will it work now because doesn’t a modular clutch have a thing already on the crank that makes it work? Does anybody have any ideas on what I’m missing and what I should do

I'd just replace the clutch with one from a 95 neon as long as the flywheel is good. That'll keep you from having to buy a flex plate and the modular clutch. Even if the flywheel is bad it may be cheaper now or in the long run just to fix the neon-setup that is in there now. Make sure you look up parts for a 95 neon. 96 they started using modular set-ups

the back of the flywheel will have this part# on it if its a 95 neon flywheel
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Hey I was wondering you guys know what this part is

That metal part behind the clutch fork I bought a 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse and somhow the clutch fork brok and shredded basically everything in the transmission and that part was like split in two do I need that is there a part number I can’t seem to find what it’s called

are you talking about the pivot ball?
or the piece around the input shaft?

Last edited:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back