The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

1G Throttlebody Swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adrian97

5+ Year Contributor
Mar 3, 2018
Göteborg, Europe
I will put my N/T Throttle Body from my 92 eclipse GS to my 1990 GSX
But i saw that N/T 92 TB have only 3 vacuum ports and my Tutbo TB from 1990 have 4 vacuum ports
how can i connect it? I don want to delate vacuum hoses

I’d first look into the other comments since it won’t be a straight bolt-on install.

In regards to your question about the vacuum lines, I believe you could use a vacuum tee fitting to connect the other line to one of the ports.

Thank you for help
Yes i see that, but i have adapters to connect new ISC and TPS , I have fuel rail also, I have the whole car 1g GS so i can take everything.

OK but which port should be good for that ?

Yes thank you I know this, I have read this and many other topics.
I need help only with this vacuum hoses I need them but i dont know which port should be good for that fourth hose

Thanks Dude!
But i have only 3 vacuum ports on my new TB
becaus is N/T TB and my old TB is Turbo TB which 4 ports so i need to connect 4 vacuum hoses in 3 vacuum ports on my new 3 ports TB
I just wondering which of these three ports will be good to connect this fourth hose which vacuum tee fitting

Could you just remove all the emissions & just cap all the TB vacuum lines off?

The thing is that i Cant because i live in Sweden they are looking at exhaust emissions very precisely... :/ thats why i need to connect all the hoses :/

Look which of these three ports Y, G, R will be good to connect this fourth hose (B) which vacuum tee fitting to one of these three ports Y, G or R
I Think port R will be good what u think guys?

Attachments

• Emissions1.gif
    Emissions1.gif
    34.8 KB · Views: 77
Last edited by a moderator:
The difference between those ports is that some are connected to 'after' the throttle plate, others are connected before it. Once you look at the GS TB and to what port on the GSX TB the lines were connected you should be able to figure it out. I can't offer much more as I don't have the car near at the moment.

There's another solution which is to drill out the port that is missing, as all of the TB are from the same mold, and carry the same port port IDs, they're just just machined differently...

As i said i have the whole car GS so i can swap and watch before swapping TB. On the GS TB i see color on the hoses and everything(beceuase now all is still connected) so i know which port is Red,Green or Yellow same which GSX i se which port is Green (G), Red(R) or Yellow(Y) because i see color on the hoses when it is now connected.
So this 3 vacuum hoses Red(R), Green(G) and Yellow(Y) i can connect easily because i see the color on the hoses just connect this in the right color/port.
So after I connect 3 hoses in the right colors/ports there is still one hose left the Black(B) one and there is missing port. I dont really know which of these 3 colours/ports is good to connect this fourth hose the Black(B) one by vacuum tee fitting to one of these three ports (R),(G) or (Y) I dont want to Drill out the port that is missing beacause i Cant do this and i dont want to demage TB.
There is my GSX vacuum diagram which is connected now and another one is GS vacuum diagram maybe it will help to connect these fourth hose to one of these three ports.
Thanks for help anyway
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Attachments

• 1G_Turbo_Vac_Diagrams.jpg
    1G_Turbo_Vac_Diagrams.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 71
As I said it all depends on where the port opens within the TB. If you look at the drawing that you provided (turbo engine) the ports connected to hoses B and Y seem to go further in the TB so I would assume they open behind the TB plate, while hoses R and G don't so I would assume the open before the TB plate. If my assumptions are correct than you can connect B and Y to the same port (behind past the TB plate) and R and G to the same port (before the TB plate). All this needs to be confirmed looking at ho the ports open on the TB.

Ok now I understand :)
Thank u very much guys !
the last question: what can be the symptoms of wrong connection of the hoses ?

Don't forget mine were assumptions, I don't have a TB handy right now to confirm it. Make sure my assumption were correct looking at the 90 TB if you have it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back