The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

420A Throttle Positioning Sensor Wiring

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr Ortiz

Proven Member
Jun 23, 2019
Hustontown, Pennsylvania
Alright guys, I am to the point where I have blown all my money I’ve put my last two checks in this car I’m gonna be fired by this coming Wednesday because of it being broke down and having no way to work. Basically it is all because of these three wires going from the wire pigtail to the throttle positioning sensor plug. The plug was bad so I got a new plug with wires and tried to wire them up right but now my car won’t start at all when it was running before. I need to know what wires are what like (colors or what wire goes to what) I can add some photos when I go back out to the car again luckily my friend was nice enough to have it at his barn when it broke down. I don’t have a wire tester but I can tell you the colors of the wires from the pigtail and from the sensor plug. I really really really need some help on this I’m gonna lose a lot if I can’t get it running please help

I can send pictures of my current tps setup if you think that will help. I believe that's all I can do for you bro.

Sorry to hear about your situation, I can feel for you
It’s alright been trying my best. If you can send pictures that’d be great like of the plug and wire colors and order of both plugs to the sensor and harness gonna try it tomorrow aiming to get it by Wednesday that’s the deadline for everything pretty much. Any help would be much appreciated
Phone Number_352-247-5468
Instagram-Conner.ortiz
Facebook-Conner Ortiz

And I have the stock connector. Didn't realize you were re-wiring for a new one. Just try until it works, it's only three wires man.
now my car won’t start at all when it was running before
I've started my car without the tps sensore before. (don't do this) Sounds like you've got a bigger problem here.

But anyway man I hope the pics helped at least some. If not then I recommend "finding the time" to get some shit done with that car. Or otherwise finding somebody who knows what they're doing

That last post sounded a little more harsh than I meant. Just trying to say that when you're in between a rock and a hard place, there's no time for goofing off.

Good luck!:thumb:
Yeah I took off school today to go get a new O2 sensor for the down pipe been going through hell for this car. I got a guy coming Tuesday to get it running hopefully. A picture of the harness wires going into the plug would hit the spot I got two white wires one gray and one black from the O2 sensor just gotta know what order the other side goes in so a pic of that plug and wires would be awesome.

Yeah they have no idea how much of a hole I’m in right now bout to lose the house and my job everything is going to crap
Just hang in there man. I always did. And it sure as hell got me somewhere.

Just hang in there man. I always did. And it sure as hell got me somewhere.[/QUOTE
Just hang in there man. I always did. And it sure as hell got me somewhere.
I am. Found a junker eclipse with a 4g63-T turbo been sitting for years guy left it and never came back to it gonna see how much I could get that for someday and build off that one. As of now, waiting for a mechanic to come and fix my gs just to have it for transportation now. I ain’t gonna build off that one it’ll throw me in another hole somehow I swear that car has a soul and it hates me.

I've never had any reliability problems from mine. Before or after the rebuild, I would trust it to take me across the country and back. And maybe even hit the track tooLOL

Let me know if you get it running. And definitely let me know if you get a GST!

And by the way, the T stands for turbo:)
It’s front wheel and turbo I thought the T was for turbo front wheel LOL Yeah I’m definitely gonna look into it and see how much he would want for it I would be sooo happy if could get it I’d Love to work on it all the time restoring it I have a huge passion for these things

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back