The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

throttle bodys s90 vs 1g tb vs non turbo tb

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpmxrider489

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 4, 2010
pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
My goals have changed since I got a new daily driver. 600awhp is a huge goal but im doing everything I can. Over the winter im doing my motor. But the main question is what tb should I use. I have a race manifold ready to order but what flange should i get. I already have a very nice 1g that was rebuilt and powdercoated. Will that get me there or will it hurt. I believe the 1g nt and 1g turbo is the same mm correct? I know everyone like the s90 but is it worth it. I already have 160 in my 1g tb. Should I use that or save and buy the s90?

The Evo 3 throttle body is identical to the N/T except it has 1 vacuum port facing the intake manifold. I'm not sure if this is on the manifold or IC pipe side of the throttle plate, but I would guess manifold.

I think I have one that has 3 vacuum nipples (missing the A1 nipple - the one that's angled and not straight out). I'm not sure what vehicle this came from though.

I am curious how your decision ended up? Did you dyno with that tb? I am at the same point in my build and have a magnus intake already flanged for 75mm but also have a 1g tb laying around should i just rebuild it and run it? I can go and get the adapter but like snowboarder714 said more area to leak.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back