The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

420A Throttle Body

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It's very easy.

1- Remove battery and intake, unplug injector harness.
2- Remove fuel line on the driver side of the rail. 2 small bolts hold it on. Fuel will pour out of the rail so be ready with some towels.
3- Remove the 2 bolts that hold the rail to the intake manifold. They are hard to get to but it can be done.
4- The injectors can be pulled from the intake

It's very easy.

1- Remove battery and intake, unplug injector harness.
2- Remove fuel line on the driver side of the rail. 2 small bolts hold it on. Fuel will pour out of the rail so be ready with some towels.
3- Remove the 2 bolts that hold the rail to the intake manifold. They are hard to get to but it can be done.
4- The injectors can be pulled from the intake
Alright thanks. And will fuel continuously pour out?

It will stop when the rail is empty. Good point depressurize the rail. The stock reg may hold pressure better then my afpr. There is also Schrader valve on the passenger side of the rail you can use to bleed the pressure down.

I use di electric grease as lube I forgot who on here said they use it (one of our more reputable and active members) but it works great and wont harm the oring and holds up decent to heat.
Alright I’ll use that. And uh how would I properly depressurize the fuel rail or whatever it is that needs depressurized so I don’t lose a lot of fuel?

On my cars I pull the harness at the fuel pump then start it it will run then stumble and die(no pump = no more fuel) so it will use up the rails pressurised fuel and with no more pump no pressure will be built. Alternately you can pull a fuse
Where would I pull off the fuel pump harness at?

If the car has sat for more than a day, I say just grab an old rag and put it under the end of the fuel rail and take that end off. It is 2 10mm bolts and an oring seals it inside the rail. Remove 2 bolts and twist and pull out and the fitting will come out, the rag will catch any fuel in the rail and by this time, I would bet the pressure in the system has bled down but every now and then you will find a setup that holds pressure for days. This is how a TURBO car is set up, the 420a, I am not sure if it is exactly the same though.

If the car has sat for more than a day, I say just grab an old rag and put it under the end of the fuel rail and take that end off. It is 2 10mm bolts and an oring seals it inside the rail. Remove 2 bolts and twist and pull out and the fitting will come out, the rag will catch any fuel in the rail and by this time, I would bet the pressure in the system has bled down but every now and then you will find a setup that holds pressure for days. This is how a TURBO car is set up, the 420a, I am not sure if it is exactly the same though.
Alright I’ll try it thanks should I get a set of injectors on eBay for about 50$? Or have autozone order in a set for about 100$?

Alright I’ll try it thanks should I get a set of injectors on eBay for about 50$? Or have autozone order in a set for about 100$?
Based on your DSM profile, you want a performance built engine. You will need something better than the stock injectors based on the wishlist provided.

If youre just trying to stay stock for now then whatever will be fine, as long as its a name brand.

Based on your DSM profile, you want a performance built engine. You will need something better than the stock injectors based on the wishlist provided.

If youre just trying to stay stock for now then whatever will be fine, as long as its a name brand.
Yeah just looking for stock injectors for now, I’m putting in new plugs and wires tomorrow the car was really messing up one night

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back