The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Throttle Body Rebuild Kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I don't have the TB apart yet so here's some photos of the assembly.

Here's a curveball for you: This is the Japanese version of the TB and IM because you can see the EGR vacuum ports are blocked off.

If you need me to take it apart and measure the shaft seals with calipers just let me know.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

That looks basically like a 1g unit (since it has the external idle switch) so I'm willing to bet the kit will work without any issues. I'll send you a PM with more info.

Hey if you've got a throttle body rebuild kit + tool for a 97 tsi awd in stock let me know !

snowborder714, I'm looking for a throttle body kit for a 96 Eclipse, are these still available?

Hi @Snowboder714,

I'm interested in the above titled kit with the shaft seal install tool. Thanks for making this kit available for members.

I was wondering how do I pay you.

Thanks!

P.S. - Tried PM, but the system says I'm sending you SPAM or "inappropriate elements".

Hi @Snowboder714,

I'm interested in the above titled kit with the shaft seal install tool. Thanks for making this kit available for members.

Thanks!

P.S. - Tried PM, but the system says I'm sending you SPAM or "inappropriate elements".

Messaged.

Hi @Snowboder714,

Thanks!

I had to approve your post.
Your message was in the approval que, sorry I didn't see it earlier @Tropical Lime . Its all good now.

Unfortunately, my seal supplier has dried up and I only have one kit left along with four install tools. I’m still working on finding an alternate supply for seals, but if anybody has any suggestions, please let me know.
I’ll buy the last one, with a tool if it’s still available.

Last edited:
Find seals yet? 91 talon tsi looking for rebuild and tool. TY!!

I am looking for rebuild kit for 1991-94 turbo throttle body. And install tool also. If you still have them.
Thank s

I have not had any luck finding mil.spec seals since my source dried up and do not have any kits ready to go. I did not have more tools made yet since they are really only needed for the mil.spec seals.

Buy the seals, gaskets, and o-rings from one of the supporting vendors. Use the large end of your TB shaft as a tool to gently tap the seals in (that's what I did and it worked great).

I would like to buy a throttle body rebuild kit for a 1999 eclipse gst. How would I go about that. Ps I'm new to dsm tuners and if I'm not doing this right just let me know

I would like to buy a throttle body rebuild kit for a 1999 eclipse gst. How would I go about that. Ps I'm new to dsm tuners and if I'm not doing this right just let me know

I don't currently have any kits since my seal source dried up. I have it on my list to look for new seals but not sure when I'll be able to get to it and find something suitable. I'll post in here when I do though so as long as you're following this thread, you'll get any updates.

Ol
I don't currently have any kits since my seal source dried up. I have it on my list to look for new seals but not sure when I'll be able to get to it and find something suitable. I'll post in here when I do though so as long as you're following this thread, you'll get any updates.
Ok thanks for the response.

CURRENTLY OUT OF STOCK. I'm currently looking for a new seal supplier and will update you when I've got a solution.

My brother and I have been doing throttle body rebuilds for a few years now, but I know there's a lot of people out there who like to fix things themselves. So we are now offering a throttle body rebuild kit! This kit includes all the parts needed to rebuild a throttle body and eliminate any of those pesky shaft seal leaks that we all love so much. It eliminates the oh-so-common stripped screws by replacing the FIAV ones with allen head pieces and replacing the shaft screws with new ones.

Kit works with:
'91-'94 Non-turbo throttle body
'91-'99 turbo throttle body
Evo 3 throttle body

Kit contents:
(1) OEM FIAV gasket
(5) stainless steel allen head FIAV screws (with stainless steel lock washers)
(1) OEM BISS screw
(1) OEM BISS o-ring
(1) OEM ISC o-ring
(2) stainless steel allen head ISC screws (with stainless steel lock washers)
(2) stainless steel allen head TPS screws (with stainless steel lock and flat washers)
(1) stainless steel lock washer for shaft
(1) stainless steel jam nut for shaft
(2) stainless steel shaft screws
(2) shaft seals

Notes:
All hardware is 18-8 stainless steel.
FIAV screws will work with or without FIAV bypass plate.
ISC screws will work with black or tan ISC.

Kit options:

Mil.spec shaft seal rebuild kit

*Notes around mil.spec seals - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/bolt-tech/436875-mil-spec-throttle-body-shaft-seals-dont-fit.html

Extras! *NEW*

We now have shaft seal install tools available for sale. These will work with all seals, but are extremely helpful for the mil.spec seals. These will drive the seal in straight, which is key to preventing damage to the seal.

$15 + shipping
Or if ordering a mil.spec seal kit, $15 as shipping is already included in the seal kit price.

Kit and seal pictures:

I see that you mentioned seals are out of stock, but can i purchase the rest of the kit?.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back