The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

• Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;) It will also allow you to view images in threads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Throttle Body Rebuild Kit

snowborder714

Oct 15, 2006
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
I don't have the TB apart yet so here's some photos of the assembly.

Here's a curveball for you: This is the Japanese version of the TB and IM because you can see the EGR vacuum ports are blocked off.

If you need me to take it apart and measure the shaft seals with calipers just let me know.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

That looks basically like a 1g unit (since it has the external idle switch) so I'm willing to bet the kit will work without any issues. I'll send you a PM with more info.

BonecrusherDSM

Probationary Member
Oct 27, 2021
Raleigh, North_Carolina
Hey if you've got a throttle body rebuild kit + tool for a 97 tsi awd in stock let me know !

95_Cruisin

Probationary Member
Aug 1, 2021
Grover, Wyoming
snowborder714, I'm looking for a throttle body kit for a 96 Eclipse, are these still available?

Tropical Lime

Probationary Member
Aug 13, 2008
Vancouver, BC_Canada
Hi @Snowboder714,

I'm interested in the above titled kit with the shaft seal install tool. Thanks for making this kit available for members.

I was wondering how do I pay you.

Thanks!

P.S. - Tried PM, but the system says I'm sending you SPAM or "inappropriate elements".

snowborder714

Oct 15, 2006
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
Hi @Snowboder714,

I'm interested in the above titled kit with the shaft seal install tool. Thanks for making this kit available for members.

Thanks!

P.S. - Tried PM, but the system says I'm sending you SPAM or "inappropriate elements".

Messaged.

1990TSIAWDTALON

Nov 14, 2013
Independence, Kansas
Hi @Snowboder714,

Thanks!

I had to approve your post.
Your message was in the approval que, sorry I didn't see it earlier @Tropical Lime . Its all good now.

Dericsh

Supporting Member
Nov 25, 2002
Pearl River, Louisiana
Unfortunately, my seal supplier has dried up and I only have one kit left along with four install tools. I’m still working on finding an alternate supply for seals, but if anybody has any suggestions, please let me know.
I’ll buy the last one, with a tool if it’s still available.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned VR Speed Factory

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds