The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Three Diamonds, 25 Years

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ludachris said:
The base models (N/T in our case) will always sell more in quantity. But it's the specialized versions that create the identity for the brand and help those base models sell more (see Mustang V6). I think Mitsu needs to turbocharge more of their cars and add another AWD coupe/hatch to their lineup to take on the MAZDASPEED 3, the Caliber, etc. It may not sell as well as the base models but it will certainly help more base models sell (assuming they use a nice looking design), it will help their image, it will bring the enthusiasts back, and it will help inject some life into the company.... of course do I see them doing this? No.

Hell, even Volvo is coming out with a cool little turbocharged AWD 2-door hatch. It's pretty bad when Volvo is outshining you. Mitsu needs to take a chance and put out a really good looking car with some good performance, and it shouldn't weigh 3600+ lbs.

You raise a valid point, Chris.

The World Engine is all aluminum?? So much for that baby...

slipstream808 said:
The World Engine is all aluminum?? So much for that baby...
Yes, it seems that since it "worked so well" for honda (cylinder braces cough, cough) that some of the other companies are jumping on the bandwagon. The engine block in its simplest form is a round hole in a piece of metal that the piston slides up an down through. I find it hard to believe that any block design is considered "outdated" because of the fact that it is made out of a strong design that has held up great for several decades.:dsm:

"The base models (N/T in our case) will always sell more in quantity. But it's the specialized versions that create the identity for the brand and help those base models sell more". This is what the auto makers call a "flagship" vehicle. GM wanted to kill off the corvette years ago because it is a loss for the company, through research though they realized that even though they sell very few corvettes, the loss of the corvette would all but kill the cavalier, sunfire, grand am, etc. in sales. Everybody that buys a GM vehicle likes to think that the car they bought has a little corvette in it. For every corvette GM sells, they sell thousands of other cars BECAUSE of the vette. Misubishi has not figured this out yet I guess.:dsm:

blcknspo0ln said:
Blasphemy! The 4G63 hasn't been out that long compared to the 350. Give us all another 15 years of it and then it'll be time to switch. :rolleyes:
Apples and apricots. The era of the SBC was one of protracted "good enough" in the automotive world, pretty much up until the Datsun L series which proved to "normal" mechanics that not only was an overhead cam a good idea, but that it was also robust and easy to work on. Until then, pushrods whipping up from between a couple of cylinder banks was all you ever needed, and if you needed more, you made bigger cylinders. Detroit didn't catch on to aluminum heads until well-after they'd found out that being contrary and building the Vega motor backward didn't work worth a crap, and trying to skimp on cam design as in the Pinto wouldn't work, either.
Since the eighties, engine design has been rocketing forward. That the 4G63 has lasted this long has been a miracle. I hope they do have good luck with their aluminum block. Alfa showed it was viable in the sixties.

Good luck Mitsu is all I can say, may you give us fun for another 25 years +

The new Sti's looks so soft. If I EVER get a STI it will be the older style, but that will never happen.

Yeah, Mitsu dosent have the best looking cars either, but the Mitsu performance is what makes the car.

I didnt come over from F-Body's and V8's, because I liked the looks of Mitsu cars.
I came over to Mitsu for bad azz Turbo Charged 4Bangers, and hard hitting AWD Launches!! For me.... It's what the car can do, that makes it bad ass!

Also... these days.. I love the sleeper look.

When I drove my 02' TA Ram Air around, I got no action. 95% of People just don't even wanna try, because the car looks soo bad ass, and they'd expect to get blow away. That kinda sucked... having no one to play with. Also I think most people can't relate to a $35-40,000 car, because its too expensive. I get more looks and questions about my $9000 TSi, than I did with the WS6. Plus it launches Waaay harder, and goes just as fast.... Its more of a people car in a way, and I like that.

And the best part... WITH MY LIL MITSU PERFORMANCE SLEEPER.... A big headed V8 punk, might pull up, and laugh at me ROFL . I just look over and give a big laugh right back LOL :sneaky: :D Than rev my 4-Bang'n Fart tuner exhaust at'em. (That really makes'em laugh) After they get an ear full of that, they're 100% sure i'm a slow wanna-be .....Untill they get their Mother Funk'N doors blow off OMG! Thats when I get the last laugh :p , and they want to know what the hell I did to that thing :D

These little DSM's are just fuuuun little cars!:thumb:
I hope Mitsu can find a way to keep in the game

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back