The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Thoughts on this car

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Changing out the pump is very simple. Unscrew the access port under the back seat, unscrew the hanger assembly and pull it out, swap pump, reverse steps.

I've got access. That's how I checked for power. Don't I need to unscrew one thing under the car on the rear passenger side?

see if it runs on starting fluid for a few moments......if it does then make sure you have the right wrenches to deal with the pump hanger line out........even still it might be frozen pretty good. As a last resort, Vice grips on the pump hanger end rocked down good, and the proper (17mm?? been awhile) flair nut wrench on the rubber hose end have worked out.......just make sure you unhook the rubber hose under the car too, the ends do not spin. Both ends of the rubber hose must be disconnected. So you do have to go under the car, but only for that.

How do I test with starter fluid. Don't even know where to put it. I'm sure I do not have the right wrenches.

I've got access. That's how I checked for power. Don't I need to unscrew one thing under the car on the rear passenger side?
Not that I'm aware of. The GSX has some differences in the fuel tank, so perhaps someone else can confirm, but you should be able to access everything from the hole under the rear seat on the passenger side.

spray the air filter with the starting fluid and attempt start to test

you will see what I mean about the line under the car when you attempt to remove the hanger.........not sure how many times it can be twisted around without breaking

almost ceratin gsx and gst are the same in that regard

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back