The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Thoughts on a turbo ls g body?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boosted DSM 32

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 21, 2011
McDonald, Ohio
Well I got fed up with my 1g and sold it last week. I'm now looking to switch it up and try something different and I really want to do a turbo v8! Been looking into stuff strictly for going fast, because I still have my 2g for a daily driver and for looks.

I've been looking into the chevy g body platform for a couple reasons. Their cheap, huge aftermarket support, and for the size of them they aren't very heavy. I've really been looking into doing the classic junkyard 5.3 with a big ole turbo on it ( 76mm or so). The stock motor can hold crazy power and they are cheap and very abundant. I figure you could gut a few hundred pounds out of the stock car easily and then throw in the 5.3 with a decent setup, make 6-700whp and you have a badass 9 second car that you can beat the balls off all day long. Obviously there would be a decent amount of wiring changes and fabbing mounts up but I don't think it would be to too hard to do. Figure out a nice suspension setup and probably would need some rear end work done. But there is plenty of room in them to work.

Just wanted to get some of your guys opinions on this idea? 😎

Well I got fed up with my 1g and sold it last week. I'm now looking to switch it up and try something different and I really want to do a turbo v8! Been looking into stuff strictly for going fast, because I still have my 2g for a daily driver and for looks.

I've been looking into the chevy g body platform for a couple reasons. Their cheap, huge aftermarket support, and for the size of them they aren't very heavy. I've really been looking into doing the classic junkyard 5.3 with a big ole turbo on it ( 76mm or so). The stock motor can hold crazy power and they are cheap and very abundant. I figure you could gut a few hundred pounds out of the stock car easily and then throw in the 5.3 with a decent setup, make 6-700whp and you have a badass 9 second car that you can beat the balls off all day long. Obviously there would be a decent amount of wiring changes and fabbing mounts up but I don't think it would be to too hard to do. Figure out a nice suspension setup and probably would need some rear end work done. But there is plenty of room in them to work.

Just wanted to get some of your guys opinions on this idea? ��

What was the last straw to get you fed up with your 1G? From seeing your post AFAIK, didn't seem like anything serious unless I didn't see a "Blew up engine" post.

What was the last straw to get you fed up with your 1G? From seeing your post AFAIK, didn't seem like anything serious unless I didn't see a "Blew up engine" post.

No it wasn't anything like that I just ended up stripping the car down to basically a shell to paint the engine bay and put a new wiring harness in because my old one was cut up. I spent thousands of dollars on a sick ball bearing 6262 setup for it and then I realized I STILL needed 5000+ dollars to finish the car I basically said screw it LOL. By the time I was done with it I would have had over 13,000 dollars in the car and it just didn't seem worth it so I sold the car and alarmist all my performance parts. I just want to try something new I still have my 2g auto gsx to play with so I'm not completely out of dsms.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back