The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Thoughts about Porsche 944 FMIC

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1. You have no idea of the actual dimension of the intercooler and nothing to compare it to get a scale on the pic

2. Go back and look at the 2-120. the ic is about 4 times taller than the inlet vs the 944s's 2x the heighth

3. It's in the UK

maybe you could find the dimensions on a porsche forum...

Below are some pics of the 944 FMIC that I originally modified for my personal car... which effectively started IRC. The core is 18" wide x 5.5" tall x 5" thick (spearco 2-120 is 24x8x3.5 & 2-178 is 20x8x3.5) This core will fit.. but you'll have to trim the front fascia a bit. This is one of the best stock FMICs out there. But they are fairly expensive to purchase & then to modify to fit correctly.. no way in hell it's gonna fit the way that it comes. The cost to modify one is about $200..

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I agree they are very thick and many have used them on very quick cars. I know a guy with a 400whp 300Z that uses one and it has worked great with his setup. Granted he has nitrous, even without it in the AZ heat it works awesome...

Thankx for the info Ken......

You mentioned that this is one of the best factory FMIC out there..... what else is comparable to this... I know the Skyline GT-R has a huge FMIC... but what else???

Thankx inadvance

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back