1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Those fender flares though..

Posted by 19gsx91, May 15, 2017

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors
  1. 19gsx91

19gsx91 Proven Member

Joined Apr 20, 2011
    Walworth, New York
    Is anyone else with a 1g digging those fender flares on @cioc s blue 1gb? Because that car looks effing amazing to me. I'd like some more information on them if anyone has any insight like if you have fender flares what make/model you used to make them fit.. much appreciated!

Btw I know there are other fender flare threads but the majority of them loop back to 2gs..

Street Build 3K  16

1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    292 whp · 264 lb/ft · 1G DSM
  2. boostdawd

boostdawd Supporting Member

Joined Apr 6, 2010
    phoenix, Arizona
    I agree. They do look awesome. Some insight would be great!

Street Build 774  1

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · automatic · 2G DSM

Drag Race Build 4K  10

1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM
  3. Ludachris

Ludachris Founder & Zookeeper

Joined Nov 12, 2001
    Roseville, California
    I believe they're made for a 240Z but I can't remember now, hopefully Rory will chime in... and also update his DSM profile specs :) We were all discussing 1g fender flare options some 10 years ago and he went through with it. There weren't more than a couple options that were viable back then.

Street Build 9K  0

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (sold)
    manual · 2G DSM

Road Race Build 7K  10  23

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    435.0 whp · 399.2 lb/ft · 1G DSM
  4. cioc

cioc Proven Member

Joined Aug 2, 2006
    Sparta, New Jersey
    The flares were made from these: http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/classic02c/50-1562

Long story short they don't bolt on without gaps. I taped the car, bolted them on and then filled with a two part epoxy similar to a caulk gun. Then I sanded it to the point I could live with. The very ends still do not touch the bodywork but like Chris said this was done many years ago before options like "carbonetics" existed. I will post more pics in this thread of the process when I can.

3K  0

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM
  5. 19gsx91

19gsx91 Proven Member

Joined Apr 20, 2011
    Walworth, New York
    I'd greatly appreciate it.. because I've honestly never seen a 1g look so aggressive, and I'm sure there are a lot of other 1g owners that stare open mouthed at the DSMtuners home page now LOL

Street Build 3K  16

1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    292 whp · 264 lb/ft · 1G DSM
  6. cioc

cioc Proven Member

Joined Aug 2, 2006
    Sparta, New Jersey

3K  0

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM