The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

This thing is dumb but..

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wobet

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 25, 2010
Saint john, NB_Canada
http://saintjohn.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-1993-Eagle-Talon-Hatchback-W0QQAdIdZ258663582

Sorry for being a post whore today guys.

It's obviously junk, but should I hop on the deal? The head gasket is gone(white build up around oil cap). And so are the break lines.

I want the wheels, and I want the side skirts if they fit. Plus I'm sure I could use it for other parts then scrap it for 300+ back.

Now if his other parts car has a good top end and is the same car virtually, does that mean I could use it for a dohc on my 2.4l block or would the 6 bolt vs 7 bolt be an issue? And the fact it's on an auto trans?

I want to know if the harmonic balancer will fit my 2.4l spyder manual trans.

1993 Eagle Talon Hatchback - Saint John Cars For Sale - Kijiji Saint John Canada.

Sorry for being a post whore today guys.

It's obviously junk, but should I hop on the deal? The head gasket is gone(white build up around oil cap). And so are the break lines.

I want the wheels, and I want the side skirts if they fit. Plus I'm sure I could use it for other parts then scrap it for 300+ back.

Now if his other parts car has a good top end and is the same car virtually, does that mean I could use it for a dohc on my 2.4l block or would the 6 bolt vs 7 bolt be an issue? And the fact it's on an auto trans?

I want to know if the harmonic balancer will fit my 2.4l spyder manual trans.

He said he removed the bodykit since that picture and doesn't have it anymore, and since it's a 1G they wouldn't fit anyway.

You could use the head from that motor on your 64, but you would want to do a full turbo conversion on the car at that point anyway. I don't know about the harmonic balancer for sure. My advice is if you want 2G parts, get a 2G parts car.

He said he removed the bodykit since that picture and doesn't have it anymore, and since it's a 1G they wouldn't fit anyway.

You could use the head from that motor on your 64, but you would want to do a full turbo conversion on the car at that point anyway. I don't know about the harmonic balancer for sure. My advice is if you want 2G parts, get a 2G parts car.

I own one of the only 2gs within hundreds of kilometers. Besides that, this is a non turbo talon. The front bump and rear are gone. The skirts are there still. But I'm trying to find out how many parts are interchangeable.

wheels and tires
some motor parts
random fasteners and hose clamps

anybody that knows more want to add?

If it has a 6/7 bolt 4g63t/nt would much of it be any use to me?(like maybe over the next year I work on the talon engine and swap it in with my 2.4block)

Lol I could use that spoiler force down force! Jk Jk

if it's a 7 bolt you can use the crank for a de-stroker(i think you need longer rods for that though) the head...
here's were i start guessing: oil pan, maybe some of the accessories and pulleys?

Nobody else saw in the add that the rims will not be included with the car? So with that in mind, I'd pass on it.

I saw that car on kijiji the other day... Don't go for it LOL. Worthless POS.

I own one of the only 2gs within hundreds of kilometers. Besides that, this is a non turbo talon. The front bump and rear are gone. The skirts are there still. But I'm trying to find out how many parts are interchangeable.

Dude its a 1G, you have a 2G. No body parts are interchangeable. You can use the wheels. You can use some miscellaneous parts off it, but nothing to make it worth the hassle or money, it isn't worth your time or money.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back