The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

This sounds fishy

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TurboBird

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 14, 2004
akron, Ohio
Ok I am selling my car and I got the following e-mail from a potenal buyer, I don't know it just doesn't sound like this guy is for real, or rather I feel as if I am not going to get the money. I don't know. Can some of you fellow 'tuners tell me what you think and give me some advice. Thanks

Thanks for your e-mail,So glad to hear that the said items are still for sale,i want you to know one thing that the Modeof payment is going to be Certified Cashier's Checks that will be drawn from an American.So there will be no problem in Cashing the Checks.Also i want you to know that you will be recieving a Cashier's Check of $6,500 that will sent to you one of my Client over there inthe USA who is owing me thisamount. So all i want you to do nowis to recieve the Check , After then i will expect you to Cash it Immdiately at the Cashing Store. After the Check has been cashed i want you to Transfer the remaining excess funds to my Personal Assistant who will now Pay the Shipping Company to come over for the Pick up (I will handle the Shipping so Shipping Should not any Problem)
>
>Also after the Funds has been cashed and you have transfered to my Personal Assitant the excess funds,All you need to do is to wait for the Shipping Company to come over for the Pick up, You will be notify on the Day they will arrive so that you will around for them to Pickup the Item. Also funds should be Transfered to my Personal Assistant via Western Union. The Western Union and the Cashing Store Charges should be deducted from the excess funds you are sending myPersonal Assistant.
>
>I am Compesating you with the Sun of $100 for the little stress you will be going through in the transaction, his now make your total income to be $2,100.So If this is Okay by you i want you to provide me with the Following Informations Which of course i will forward to my Client so that Payment will be Issued :
>
>
>NAME: ......................
>ADDRESS:.....................
>CITY: ..............................
>STATE:............................
>COUNTRY:............................
>ZIP CODE:............................
>PHONE NUMBER:...................(HOME,CELL AND WORK)
>
>With this i will expect to hear from you soonest today.
>
>
> Thanks...
>
>
>--
>_______________________________________________
>Outgun.com free e-mail @ www.outgun.com
>Check out our Premium services - POP3 downloading, e-mail forwarding, and 25MB mailboxes!
>
>Powered by Outblaze

you havent heard of that scam? they send you a fake check. not sure how it hurts because when you take it to cash it the bank will tell you its fake and then they just dont come get ur car but its a scam. its been somewhat big news. these people are from some 3rd world country tryin to scam you. anyone tryin to sell a car will get an email about this within a week of havin it up for sale.

ok that makes sence I have been getting a couple of these types of e-mails.

but if you cant cash the check that was written to you with the extra money then you arent gonna have money to send them

I was involved in a sacm about 2 months ago while selling my GS-T, The guy sent me a 10,000$ check, 2,000 was for shipping and i went to cash it at my credit union and they told me it was fake. So i did some research and looked up the number for the bank the certified check was through and gave them a call, turns out they had alot of checks stolen and copied. So just be sure to watch yourself...

I just got my car up on autotrader.com 4 days ago and I've already gotten 3 scam emails.. it gets my hopes up everytime I get a new email :thumbdown

they send you too much money and then you send them a check back and then their check never clears. you just sent them $200 and their $100 check bounced.

but when you take it to the bank they tell you its fake before they even take it

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back