The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

This kind of stuff has to STOP!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vroomin'vag

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 1, 2003
Carbondale, Illinois
I just ran into some guy at the gas station with a black Avenger with body kit. He asked if i ever race on the street. I said sometimes. He asked if i want to race, and i said i dunno. Then he told me "Well just to let you know, I never race for less than 5 Grand...." Im thinking, oh boy i wonder what he's got under there. So he must have realized that Im smart, and he's an idiot, but tries to BS his way out of it. Tells me that it's got a "2.0 Mitsubishi turbo AWD. First Avenger ever made AWD." I just replied "wow, thats sweet." Then on the way out i asked him where the differential was. He was dumbfounded. Then I followed him to his house and asked some more stuff like, where's the intercooler on that thing, and how much boost does he run. After stuttering a bit, he sputtered out "uhhh oh i don't run an intercooler, and i run 15-20." Then i asked him what he ran in the 1/4, and this was the best....."8.5 i think, last time i ran" Nuff said, Im taking $5000 out next week. :p

You'll just end up at the bank ten minutes later, putting 5k back in.

You are a fool if you think the guy is SERIOUSLY going to throw 5k down. If he does, I'll clean my ass using my toothbrush.

leet said:
You'll just end up at the bank ten minutes later, putting 5k back in.

You are a fool if you think the guy is SERIOUSLY going to throw 5k down. If he does, I'll clean my ass using my toothbrush.

outch...that's not going to be pleasant.... :p

halik

some guy actually did do that. do a search for it here. Transfered the motor, differentials, etc. etc. into a black avenger. And, mated the bumpers and extended the sideskirts all to fit. i might have pics of it.

hmm...there really is a guy here taht did i....i remember his threads...hes a pretty cool guy too...nice show car

i too have also heard of a guy around my place that runs a 4g63 in his avenger/sebring whatever. i have yet to find the elusive summabltch though.

but id call this guys bluff and bring freinds that way when you win and he tries to #### out you can catch him, and make a tape. but make sure you dont see a rear diff cause that could be bad news. then rape him alive so bad he has to sell his little body kit and car to get out of debt.

Black95TSIawd said:
some guy actually did do that. do a search for it here. Transfered the motor, differentials, etc. etc. into a black avenger. And, mated the bumpers and extended the sideskirts all to fit. i might have pics of it.

yeah, but 15-20 pounds of boost with no intercooler?
i'd hate to see the results, especailly running better than good ol Shep :laugh:

ya know, he could just be playing dumb. actually a very smart idea if ya think about it, he just makes some stupid comments and you think its already in the bag, dont get to cocky or dont underestimate him. The first mistake in any race is underestimating your opponent, good luck and keep up posted

Even though its probably all BS good luck and kick his @$$... let us know whats goes down

Yeah, this could be the racing version of being hussled at the pool tables or the basketball courts. Be careful, but still kick his ass!

bosljeff said:
Yeah, this could be the racing version of being hussled at the pool tables or the basketball courts. Be careful, but still kick his ass!
yeah.....like in king pin? if you end up moving to an omish community dont milk the bull! :D but back to the bet...the guys either very smart or very stupid.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back