The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

this is kinda a weird one...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lts_Fly7

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 2, 2003
IllinoisUS
i have a 99 RS, and a buddy i kno got toasted on the passenger side(hes ok...)of his 1999(not sure of precise year)GST. but being the lucky little dude he is, he is ok, and insurance got hima new car pretty much. SO his old car is sittin at his house with nothin to lose. pretty much everything from the front quarter panel to the front fender is perfectly fine. INCLUDING the engine. I ddoubt the exhaust is any good or anything but the engine seems to be ok. He said i could have the pickins for Xtreemly cheap, but i dont want the whole engine. it would be nice, but i dont have the man power, or money for that kind of swap. i was just curious, OTHER than the turbo setup, what would be transmittable to my stock 99RS from his 99 GST? anythign you can think of part wise.

Ide greatly appreciate it. He wasnt to sure either. i kno i want the turbo, and the ICP and the other fixins for the turbo sys. but what else could i get off that thing,? headers? manifold? injectors? pistons? Rods, bearings, heads...etc.

Lemme kno! ide GREATLY GREATLY appreciate it.

Lata
Brad a.k.a Lts-Fly

just take the whole engine..in the end itll be easier swapping the engine with the turbo and everything than doing it piece by piece like with the rods and everything..then you will basically have a gst on ur hands...

Dude, you should seriously look into how much cash he would want for the whole car and post pics of it that way we would/could tell you how much the car is worth and if it would be worth salvaging.... :)

You might want to consider taking the car and parting it out tho. Might make some cash off of it.
:thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back