The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

THIS is amazing (Pics)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bNasty

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 15, 2009
Chantilly, Virginia
So i was going through some old pics and i found pics i had when i first brought home the gst almost 2 years ago when i was 16. Its amazing to see where i started and what the car looked like and how its changed into what it is now and some of you probably already know.

When i bought this car i knew nothing about cars. I wasnt even able to do my own oil change. Thanks to this site and taking many automotive classes im at where i am now. Building the TSI

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

AND NOW THIS

AND the TSI

That's awesome man, your old GST is one of my favorite, definitely a inspiration. I love looking at the pictures of my engine bay when I first got it

:ohdamn:
The pride you get from seeing how much of a difference all the hard work makes pays off in the long run alone !

Damn man I know the feeling. (And I saw your car on the DSTA site and was like "WTF? I thought he was from VA..." Haha for a sec I thought you had moved to Iowa and I got excited.

Anyways. I know how you feel.

This.

To this.

Damn man I know the feeling. (And I saw your car on the DSTA site and was like "WTF? I thought he was from VA..." Haha for a sec I thought you had moved to Iowa and I got excited.

someone on here i forgot who told me to join there i was like uhh ok i guess haha

Thats cool to see the progress. I bought my car at age 17 (now just under 21) and I was in the same boat. I could just change my oil but now I feel confident to do almost anything minus timing still.

Timing belts i can do in my sleep. When i got my first ride in the laser rs my step dad owned before me, i thought the car was soo cool. And so fast. I remember doing like 85 in a backroad with him and it felt so easy to do it. And i went home and told my mom and he got all pissed off at me said hes never speeding with me again LOL. And then i overheard him and his friend (who is a big old timer when it comes to dsms) talking about how hard it was to change the timing belt, and how i never wanted to do one of those. And then after reading and reading and reading, i did one with a friend. And now ive done 6 i think. Nothing to it.

Thats the difference between 6-7 years ago and now. These kids dont read. They jsut keep posting the same shit over and over in the newbie section. I miss the old days. I wish i was 16 again with the knowledge i have now. MY life would be completely different.

Thats cool to see the progress. I bought my car at age 17 (now just under 21) and I was in the same boat. I could just change my oil but now I feel confident to do almost anything minus timing still.

Aw, come on! I think everyone that owns a DSM should know how to do a timing belt. It's really not bad at all. If you get the timing belt tool kit from Jay Racing, it's literally a breeze. There's a first time for everything.

To the OP, it must be very gratifying to see progress with your car. Keep up the good work!

Timing belts i can do in my sleep. When i got my first ride in the laser rs my step dad owned before me, i thought the car was soo cool. And so fast. I remember doing like 85 in a backroad with him and it felt so easy to do it. And i went home and told my mom and he got all pissed off at me said hes never speeding with me again LOL. And then i overheard him and his friend (who is a big old timer when it comes to dsms) talking about how hard it was to change the timing belt, and how i never wanted to do one of those. And then after reading and reading and reading, i did one with a friend. And now ive done 6 i think. Nothing to it.

Thats the difference between 6-7 years ago and now. These kids dont read. They jsut keep posting the same shit over and over in the newbie section. I miss the old days. I wish i was 16 again with the knowledge i have now. MY life would be completely different.

I know what you are saying i posted a couple of newb questions when i first started but if you look at my threads started they are mostly picture threads haha

Im suprised you left the pin stripes, those would have been gone within the first week if it was me.

heres a couple of my before/afters.

before:

after:

before:

after:

I was at school timing belt broke towed her to michigan, did my first one, the first major thing other than changing oil. I have to admit it felt good when she started up. I bought the chilton book got my tools the retis history. looks good.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back