The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Thinking of buying this car

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDsM20

Proven Member
Jun 11, 2014
San diego, California
Hi guys just joined this club and new to dsm!

Anyways im planning to buy this car in the following week and just want to have some opinion or thought

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/4509530167.html

Its going to be my first turbo charge car and dsm car... i dont have enough knowledge about the car yet but i do my research that is why i wasnt rushing to buy it

Planning to dd it and fun project car maybe if i get another car in couple years

I live in california so emission will be pain but im ready for it

I know how to maintain car and can use this site for help too!

Anyways let me know what you think about the car the guys is giving me 2k for the car worth it or pass?

Thanks guys hope you guys have a wonderful day!

sounds like tranny work will be a must. I would take it to a technician that knows dsm's and check everything over if owner will let you. Its very cheap though, so the money you save you could put into it. GL

Sounds like the tbelt snapped and took out the head. Might be a good idea to do a compression check, or at least ask him what the compression is. 2k isn't bad imo...

Welcome!

Grinds third gear sometimes on high RPMs.

That's a gamble. It could be from a clutch dragging issue and/or crap trans gear oil. But it's also possible the synchro is trashed and the trans will eventually need to be rebuilt or replaced.

Real MHI EvoIII 16g
EvoIII o2 Housing

I wouldn't hold my breathe on that. You can check the turbo serial number (on compressor cover) to verify the model: http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/16g-serial-numbers.313105/

Also, be sure to check the production date. If the car was manufactured before November 1994, there's a good chance it has an EPROM ECU which will make your life that much easier. Overall it looks good for the price. Just watch for rust around the wheels/shocks and hacked up engine bay wiring harness.

Last edited:
So asked the guy to do compression test and had 140-45 across the board is this bad?

Factory spec is 178psi. About 133psi is the service limit (rebuild time).

It's possible the battery was low when doing the test or that the tester was off. But 140-145psi is not good at all.

Well i got the car yesterday! The battery was a year and a half going to changed that after i smog the car but it runs well when i drove the car nothing sketchy about it but probably will do another test after i fix small stuff

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back