The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Thinking of buying rims for black 95 talon any1 got ideas? lemme hear em!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

got_psi

Proven Member
Feb 28, 2013
Southfield, Michigan
Hey whatup every1 im new here obviously positing in the newbie forum. I am building my 1st DSM or tuner car for that matter and have most of it done(of course i cannot get spark now after rebuild and thousands in hi perf upgrades but will get figured out LOL) Sorry bout that rant LOL.

So my car 95 Talon. It just fresh coat of paint b4 i bought said the previous owner which it def did and its actually a VERY good job just was never wheeled so looks hazy but def has like 5 coats of clear on her. I hate the clear tail lights on it now the previous owner put on so those are coming off(if any1 has stock 1s hit hmu or want clear 1s lmk!)

Anyway car is BUILT im making this a weekend warrior road race/auto x car and next step is suspension and wheels. It has some decent 17s with spokes/buttons on it now but nothing of super high end. Im looking for preferably a matte black rim with a deep chrome lip also 5 or 6 spokes with buttons. NO chrome will take silver. 18s are size id prefer. I MAY consider 17s but again looking for 18x9 or 18x10s(rear) prefer with some good tires(pirelli,toyo,kumo,yoko,etc i also can trade/sell my 17s w like new kumos for good price so HMU) Im talking brands like enkei hre bbs konig etc im not looking for a 3k set of rims but something NICE for my black 95 talon. Lemme know any suggestions you guys have or if you have any for sale/trade please let me know i have pletny more then rims as far as parts to trade! Thanks for reading.

B

Attachments

• 20130228_122041.jpg
    20130228_122041.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 70
For the racing you are talking about doing, although they don't fit your description for looks, you'd do well with a set of Enkei RPF1s or something similar. If you're serious about road racing/autox consider weight and offset, you'll want to fit a set of bigger brakes behind whatever wheel you choose. For tires I'd recommend Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Specs.

I think rota slips would look good, but they wouldn't suit the size you're looking for. However, I wouldn't recommend doing 18x9s for a race setup anyway. That's just too much extra weight and no room for the amount of tire you will want.

Holy hell your car looks amazing 0.o I was told the vibrations from the eclipse tends to damage aftermarket bumpers and skirts over time though, any truth to that? Because that's a really nice setup.
does this help....

9", 10"? You may have this car confused with a 240. ;) 17x8 or 18x8 depending on the amount of "racing" you'll be doing would be more suitable.

Keep in mind that the "deep lip" type wheels often have this lip due to more aggressive offset than your workaday/standard fitment for DSMs, and if you aren't spending 3k, you can virtually eliminate BBS wheels that aren't Evo take-offs, as well as true "buttons".

http://www.dsmtuners.com/classifieds/wheels-for-sale-6/17x8-gunmetal-rays-gram-light-wheels-62742/

Good option. Real wheels.

Also, please post in more legible manner. Your OP gave me AIDS.

D2 Coilovers, 18x9.5 +12 Square G6 Wheels. And still have to add little bit of camber/pull fenders.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back