1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Thinking about relocating...

Posted by MJBean420, Jun 25, 2014

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. MJBean420

MJBean420 Proven Member

Joined Jul 27, 2009
    Schererville, Indiana
    I am thinking about relocating out to California from the Chicagoland area. I am just afraid of CARB. Can anyone direct me to some good links and give opinions/advice on what to expect with my DSM? Will I even be able to keep my DSM and plate it out there without having much hassle or will I be only stuck at the track?

It basically has a 16g street setup like most of the DSMs.

2. OWL

OWL Probationary Member

Joined Feb 6, 2014
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Its not that bad, there are more emission laws over there you should be fine of your close to stock

3. bras_33

bras_33 Probationary Member

Joined Mar 31, 2006
    Los Angeles, California

902  12

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  4. eclipsecrazy1989

eclipsecrazy1989 Probationary Member

Joined Mar 25, 2015
    Hemet, California
    There is always ways to prep for smog ;)

5. dyablo

dyablo Proven Member

Joined Jan 22, 2005
    Indio, California
    Do what i did and just keep it registered out of state for SMOG purposes. going on 7 years with out of state plates and no issues and don't have to deal with the SMOG crap. Like anything else don't drive like a dummy and u will fly under the radar just fine. Even living in Socal i have yet to be pulled over for speeding or anything for that matter either in the DSM or Evo both heavily modded with no Cats.

now hurry here and enjoy the hot summers LOL.

Street Build 1K  0

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    automatic · 2G DSM