The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

Thinking about nitrous with my 50 trim

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1992awdlaser

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 5, 2004
Wallace, North_Carolina
I am thinking about using nitrous with my 50 trim on 110 octane or c16. It will be a wet kit and the car is not a daily driver. Do you think it will be able to handle a 50 or 75 shot. And what kind of et/mph should I look for with this setup. And what boost would be safe for it also with nitrous.

255lph fp
Perrin mbc
free mods
Buschur 3" turboback (no cat)
urethane motor mounts
Buschur o2 housing
k&n filter
Sbr cast exhaust manifold
PTE 1000cc injectors
Buschur fmic
Turbonetics evolution wastegate
Aeromotive fpr
3" gm maf sensor
SBR 3500 clutch
Act xact flywheel
AEM eugo wideband
Dsmlink
Sbr g50
FP2 cams
Stock block

I have all these parts listed but I might be missing something. If you don't see something that should be on there just ask. Thanks for the help in advance. My goal is to hit mid-high 11's. I am thinking about the nitrous so I can go against my friends rx-7 and have a better chance.

Also does anybody have any tuning tips if I decide to go with the nitrous. Like should I leave the tune alone and make changes as needed or should I richen it up a little for the first run. Should I lower the boost, if so how much. And anything else you might think I should do.

i ran a 35 shot and then a 50 shot on my stock block rebuild with a 60-1.. boy did it help the spoolup and kick in the pants feeling. You are on the right track, a wet kit is the best way to go. Your tune should be pretty spot on because the kit is wet so it injects fuel along with it. Personally i'l keep the boost around 15-16psi and do some baseline runs to see if you are knocking and where and then you can start tuning for higher boost with the nitrous. Just remember turbo cars gain more HP than regular cars when running nitrous and your boost will most likely spike a bit. I netted around 45-50hp with a 35shot. Nitrous cools the intake charge drastically and spikes the boost.

Thanks for the reply. Is there anyone else with experiance or knowledge in this?

Pretty much what he said

I wouldnt use nitrous on a Internal gate car...Just makes it a pain in the ass...Boost is going to spike hard with it..

i ran a 35 shot and then a 50 shot on my stock block rebuild with a 60-1.. boy did it help the spoolup and kick in the pants feeling. You are on the right track, a wet kit is the best way to go. Your tune should be pretty spot on because the kit is wet so it injects fuel along with it. Personally i'l keep the boost around 15-16psi and do some baseline runs to see if you are knocking and where and then you can start tuning for higher boost with the nitrous. Just remember turbo cars gain more HP than regular cars when running nitrous and your boost will most likely spike a bit. I netted around 45-50hp with a 35shot. Nitrous cools the intake charge drastically and spikes the boost.

Do you have a parts list of what was on the car with nitrous? Also do you have track times with and without nitrous?

I wouldnt use nitrous on a Internal gate car...Just makes it a pain in the ass...Boost is going to spike hard with it..

Never did on my internally gated 50 trim...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back