The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Thinking about going to a 1g BOV

Install 1G BOV?

• Keep 2G BOV/ Stay stock

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VivaLaOC

Proven Member
Mar 16, 2021
La Grande, Oregon
So I have a mostly stock 5 speed 98 gst, I need to get a new UICP but couldn't find a stock oem one anywhere until I did finally, its $45 but it comes with a 1g BOV and a 1g bov flange plus the stock braided UICP I just wanted to know opinions and also wanted to know if it would increase/decrease value with said modification. Gonna start a poll and see what y'all think.

Maintenance first. Mods 2nd.
Well yeah but it comes with the part that I need for maintenance LOL but I don't really plan on doing a whole lot of mods at all, I want to keep this car mostly stock sell it and buy a ran down manual GSX and build it from the ground up pretty much

Well yeah but it comes with the part that I need for maintenance LOL but I don't really plan on doing a whole lot of mods at all, I want to keep this car mostly stock sell it and buy a ran down manual GSX and build it from the ground up pretty much
By all means bolt it on. What's broken?

By all means bolt it on. What's broken?
On my 2G? Just the harmonic balancer and the UICP has a hole in it that I've repaired to work without a boost leak for the time being until I get the replacement from this guy with the UICP and BOV. Other than that nothing is wrong with the car at all, it used to shake any time i did over 70mph on the freeway but I got new tires and right after I did the shaking stopped and I haven't had any issues since. Also used to have a bad boost leak and the master and slave cylinder were bad as well.

I meant just the ic but that's helpful. Get the hose. If you don't have maintenance records I would change a timing belt.

I meant just the ic but that's helpful. Get the hose. If you don't have maintenance records I would change a timing belt.
Yeah thats the plan, I wanted to do a t belt WP and new tensioner before I get rid of it. I don't wanna feel like I'm doing someone dirty by selling it to someone knowing that something could go wrong on the drive home or something

Well, the 2G stock BOV was a plastic excuse for a BOV that really isn't very good for anything over stock boost levels. (WG spring) It does cycle the air back into the turbo inlet snorkle after the MAF, and that is important on a stock setup. If you do change the UIC pipe for a better BOV, like a 1G BOV, be sure to keep the air cycling back into the inlet, else you will have other issues that would be annoying.

Well, the 2G stock BOV was a plastic excuse for a BOV that really isn't very good for anything over stock boost levels. (WG spring) It does cycle the air back into the turbo inlet snorkle after the MAF, and that is important on a stock setup. If you do change the UIC pipe for a better BOV, like a 1G BOV, be sure to keep the air cycling back into the inlet, else you will have other issues that would be annoying.
Of course, gotta keep recirculating that air

I got a used stock metal 1g BOV for my 99 GST just because every time I leaned over the engine (to look or work on something), my arm would rest (or even just barely touch) the 2g plastic BOV and its nipple would then break off. Finally couldn't take it any longer.

I got a used stock metal 1g BOV for my 99 GST just because every time I leaned over the engine (to look or work on something), my arm would rest (or even just barely touch) the 2g plastic BOV and its nipple would then break off. Finally couldn't take it any longer.
Lol yeah you flick the thing too hard and it'll break

1g BOV is amazing. If you "Dodge Garage" mod it, it will hold any amount of boost. There's no adjustments, it behaves perfectly just like stock. There's not one thing to dislike. I run 2 just for more volume.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back