The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Thinking about buying these wheels and tires???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChillyC

Probationary Member
Mar 1, 2002
Kokomo_IN
Finally Scrapped up enough cash to look into buying some wheels to replace the sorry stock ones. (Truth be told, my wife let me!) Found this on ebay tonight. The size is a 18" x 7" Can I still run a 225/40 on them. I've noticed that most dsm'ers who run with 18" wheels have a width of 7.5"

Check the weight of these wheels if it is important to you. I am interested in handling as well as looks and unsprung weight kills handling. I really liked the Motegi MR7 (several people on this board have them), but they are quite heavy. I have a 1G Talon. The 17 X 7.5 were about 24.5 lbs (if memory serves). The 18 X 7.5 were like 29 lbs. (!!!) That is heavy.

You probably don't care ;) , but I settled on Konig Tantrums. A seven spoke design much like the Motegi's. 17 X 8 and they weight 20.4 lbs. Not as light as the Kosei's I wanted, but I think they look better and they are wider than the Kosei's. As a data point, even though the tire manufacturers will tell you a 215 tire will fit on an 8" rim, it is not quite enough.:rolleyes: I need more rubber.

Matt
'90 TSi AWD

PS - I don't know how much they are asking for those wheels, but I just bought my Konigs through a vendor on the group buy center. Free shipping from NV (to Virginia), delivery in 5 days, $696 shipped. :D

Matt,

Wow! Those wheels are Hot!!!!! I went ahead and bought the Motegi MR 8. I couldn't pass up on the price. $529 for the set. They weigh in at 27lbs. A bit heavy I know, but my guess is they will look good with the Nitto NT 555 I also bought. Next I need to get it lowered.....ohhh yhhaaaa........:D

Christian

Kyle,

Don't make the same mistake I did by buying a 20 psi boost gauge. Get a 30 psi. After I install my downpipe and catback, I know I will be close to pegging it out. Need to get an mbc. So many wants and needs!!!!!! I need to hit the lottery or something.

Originally posted by ChillyC
Kyle,

Don't make the same mistake I did by buying a 20 psi boost gauge. Get a 30 psi. After I install my downpipe and catback, I know I will be close to pegging it out. Need to get an mbc. So many wants and needs!!!!!! I need to hit the lottery or something.

I have a 20psi boost gauge, and wasnt that worried about a 25 or 30 simply for the fact that our t25 wont take that much boost before it fries on ya, and by the time I can afford to get a turbo that CAN handle that much, I think I will be able to splurge a little and get another (nicer) gauge... ;) LOL Just food for thought--

What kinda gage are you thinking about getting? I'd like to replace mine with a nicer one as well.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back