The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Think! Think!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knightshadow

Probationary Member
Feb 4, 2019
Belize, Central_America
Good day. So the 1995 GST I got is missing it’s entire turbo system and don’t know what else the previous owner sold for parts but it runs because he swapped it for a galant parts. Any ideas on how to proceed? Either build it back to its stock or go a different route?

Thanks,

Nelson

Hi. Basically want to beat an srt-4 and a Ford lightning. The cosmetics I can handle. Wondering about the best approach, bring it back to stock first? It doesn’t have a turbo, manifold swapped for a plain galant, no intercooler, nothing. Basically stripped of all its power.

Thanks,

Nelson

Oh forgot that the srt-4 and the lightning have stock turbos do no tuning was done on their rides.

Thanks,

Nelson

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh forgot that the srt-4 and the lightning have stock turbos do no tuning was done on their rides.

Thanks,

Nelson
As has been said 1000 times on this site. Make sure the car maintenance is good first. DO NOT assume it is. Belts. Hoses. Fluids etc etc all need to be good. Check compression. Leakdown. Etc. These are basic auto 101 items.

Thanks for your reply genecide. That’s on my first to do list even before starting to add back a system. It’s just that I wanted to know if a stock gst can win a srt-4 and what kind of parts would be best to accomplish this. No need in buying
a part that would have to be upgraded. Currently I’m waiting for the manual to arrive and another book called how to build max performance 4g63t engines book.

Thanks,

Nelson

Attachments

• 2CDD3E8A-58F5-4B97-A672-D0DB34025179.jpeg
    2CDD3E8A-58F5-4B97-A672-D0DB34025179.jpeg
    65.2 KB · Views: 110
Stock 2g manifold with a 14b or 16g would be a good start. Find a FMIC, some injectors, fuel pump, and a way to tune.

Putting a stock turbo on it is a waste

Good day. So the 1995 GST I got is missing it’s entire turbo system and don’t know what else the previous owner sold for parts but it runs because he swapped it for a galant parts. Any ideas on how to proceed? Either build it back to its stock or go a different route?

Thanks,

Nelson
sorry to interrupt, but how the hell do I ask questions on this site?
LOL

Well, since you don't already have a dsm footprint to stick to, go t3, or divided t3, and enjoy the spool and power available in the holset family.

Hey guys! Thanks for your feedback. I have a friend that says he has all the parts I need from another DSM. I just need a turbo he told me. So I’m already one foot in the door but will his stock parts support the 16g turbo? My first choice in this journey would be to get an ecmlink.

Thanks,

Nelson

I think it's nice to start fresh, if possible. Then you know that all of the important maintenance has been performed by you. I returned my car to stock after purchasing it (it's a daily anyways), and it feels much better knowing everything is the way it is supposed to be from the manufacturer. That way, if or when I decide to begin tuning, I know what is in the car already.

The downside is that you have to source and pay for the parts, so there is that.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back