The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Things you probably shouldn't say to a cop when pulled over...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I got pulled over by one officer Colon of the Illinois State Police. I was going 95 mph. He asked me if I knew what the speed limit was. I was pulled over in front of a 20' tall "speed limit 55" sign. I just pointed at the sign and said "duh". I was so high, I forgot that I was drunk! When he asked me if I'd been drinking, I was very convincing when I said "no". I freaked when I saw his name tag. I almost cracked-up. I knew I had to keep it to myself.

i normally just tell them off but one night i got pulled over i was bored so i sat there and delt with the bs. so the cop was checking out my ride and he kept sticking his head in the car so before he went back to his car he did it again and i told him you do it again and im gonna roll the window up on his head. so i got my normal tickets switched seats and i was off.

Cool Story bro.:thumb: Tell it again.

So why do people dislike cops so much? I never got that. Obviously if you got pulled over you're in the wrong. Cops are here to keep people safe by upholding the laws put here to protect people.

So why do people dislike cops so much? I never got that. Obviously if you got pulled over you're in the wrong. Cops are here to keep people safe by upholding the laws put here to protect people.

Based on my personal experience as both a former 'cop' and a motorist I believe that the answer to that is the personal twist some law enforcement members seem to give to their exchanges with the public. I used to get mad at my partner for being an ass because it made me look like one too not to mention the whole force. I do not believe that smartass comments can be used as an excuse for police behavior either since one of the first things I was instructed to was to ignore them unless they are indication of the driver being intoxicated. Not that I would make any if I were to be stopped on the road anyway, doesn't really sound like the smart way out of a ticket, does it?

Like Calan said it's an immature, lack of respect thing. However, I've been pulled over 5 times with my GSX, and only once was I speeding or doing anything wrong. I've only ever had that one speeding ticket. I make complete stops, abide by the speed limit and signal, every time.
That is not just my opinion. That is the result of the interaction with the officer. They've told me that they pulled me over for all kinds of things, everything from running stop signs that don't exist[which we walked out to only to find there was, in fact no traffic sign of any kind] to saying my license plate lights were out when they were, in fact, functioning perfectly. The cop will usually just bs me for why I'm pulled over and snoop around a bit ask some questions and send me on my way claiming that he or she was simply mistaken.

So, your statement that I must be doing something wrong only applies to a perfect world. And I'm not referring to human error - that's not what this is.

I just finished watching the animated movie "Batman: Year One" with my nephew. It's actually far more about the commish than it is the bat. Watching the clearly dramatized story about being a police officer was well, let's just say "heart-felt".

Ironic I stumble into this thread just afterward. It's available on kat.ph for those who swing that way.

Based on my personal experience as both a former 'cop' and a motorist I believe that the answer to that is the personal twist some law enforcement members seem to give to their exchanges with the public. I used to get mad at my partner for being an ass because it made me look like one too not to mention the whole force. I do not believe that smartass comments can be used as an excuse for police behavior either since one of the first things I was instructed to was to ignore them unless they are indication of the driver being intoxicated. Not that I would make any if I were to be stopped on the road anyway, doesn't really sound like the smart way out of a ticket, does it?

Quoted cause I liked it.

I have a VERY mixed feeling towards cops.

Because I either hate or like a cop.

There are the cops who always feel they have something to prove or are on their power trips. It's like the other night I got pulled over for no plates cause I just bought my 91 talon. I pulled over before he even turned on his lights because he followed me into a parking lot and I knew it. I had my bill of sale, and all my other information in my hand when he came up to the door.

Started being a complete ass to me right away telling me I shouldn't even drive it till it's plated. Had a really bad tone with me. I told him I have 30 days so I don't see it as a big deal. I didn't have insurance on it yet because it was literally the 2nd night I got it. I told him my insurance company gives me 5 days on any car I purchase (and they do) and he heckled me on that for a few moments. I gave him my insurance card for my DD and he went back to his car for about 10 minutes. Finally came up and told me to get it plated and left.

No I didn't get a ticket, but was it necessary for him to talk like an ass to me and treat me like crap when I have a pretty much spotless record, was very polite, etc? These are what I call "pigs" - highschool drop outs that have something to prove.

Then there are other cops, I got pulled over for no tail lights because without my knowledge my fuse had blown a few months ago in my DD. Cop came up, was very polite with me. Checked my license/regis/ins in about 5 mins and followed me home since I had no tail lights and it was dark.

Also pulled over by a sheriff back when I bought my first AWD 1g back in 2009, had no plates on it as well. Just as I did a few days ago, I had all information in my hand when he came up. Was very polite, went and checked my information and came back within minutes and I was on my way.

I've been pulled over my fair share of times. Only once did I get an actual ticket. Each time I've been pulled over it was for things like light out, no plates, etc. I've dealt with both cops and pigs.

You can tell the ones who actually do their job. The others would rather pull someone over for a minor thing, and just be a douche to you knowing you can't do much - rather than respond to a more serious call where theres a better chance of them being in danger.

officer: Your eyes are red, have you been drinking?
Me: Your eyes are glazed, have you been eating doughnuts?

True story, turned into a 45 minute wait on the side of the road to take a breathalyzer when i told the officer we had just left the water park (was still in view of said water park) and my eyes were red due to chlorine in the water. Blew a 0.00.

LOL ^^^^

blizz99 said:
so why do people dislike cops so much? I never got that. Obviously if you got pulled over you're in the wrong. Cops are here to keep people safe by upholding the laws put here to protect people.

I hope your kidding what fairy tale land do you live in? Not all Cops are perfect and some are just down right assholes and will just try and get you for nothing. Trust me I ran into a few and there is even some that I had to spanked over at traffic court to prove a point.

However, not all are bad in fact my best friends mom is a Detective so I've grown to appreciate the good ones. The fact of the matter is respect is earned and to me a badge doesn't automatically earn you it.

This is not always true there are some cops that are just flat dicks around here. Ive been pulled over and had nothing to drink forced to take a sobriety test blow 2 times passed everything. wasted 2 hours of my night mind you I was on my way home from work. So not all cops are just wonderful. Most yea ill admit are great but some of them let the power go to their head.

Agreed. Police are human, just as you are. He might not like your loud music, or your 'ricer', so he might treat you different than say.... a woman with huge knockers driving a 69 Charger on a cool summer evening.

It all depends on the cop. I've only had 2 bad experiences in my life. The rest were smooth as silk.

So a bunch of us on island were pulled over last weekend. And the best ticket also had the best comment towards the police officer.

Cop:"You were going over 80 in a 55."
Driver of lexsus is300 :"that's it?"

Instead of jail he got a court date and a 1200 dollar or so fine.

Expeditionary speed
Reckless driving
Reckless endagerment
Failure to signal while changing lanes ...

Moral of the story is. Don't drive dumb

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

I heard this on the radio. A cop was sitting in a lay-by waiting for speeding motorists. When one went by the cop pulled him over.

Cop= I’ve been waiting all day for you.

Guy = well I got hear as quickly as I could.

Cop just laughed and let him go

i got pulled over a few weeks ago going 22 over, 62 in a 40, i told the cop i was doing WOT pulls and tuning :p and after he served me my $250 ticket... i 2 step launched and left his ass LOL probably wasnt a good idea, but it was funny :p

where i live... cops dont have anything better to do but pull people over for hardly anything.... even if its going 5 over on a straight away.... cops arent here to keep you safe, they are here to bring in the cash to the government in the form of citizen fines..

i got pulled over a few weeks ago going 22 over, 62 in a 40, i told the cop i was doing WOT pulls and tuning :p and after he served me my $250 ticket... i 2 step launched and left his ass LOL probably wasnt a good idea, but it was funny :p

where i live... cops dont have anything better to do but pull people over for hardly anything.... even if its going 5 over on a straight away.... cops arent here to keep you safe, they are here to bring in the cash to the government in the form of citizen fines..

+1

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

I live in a small town, and i know all the cops. I do NOT drive stupid in town, or at all for that matter. But i do have bumper exit exhaust, and they think its awesome. Most are car guys (chief included), on the one or two times ive been pulled over its been to BS, or to tell me of tail lights being out. On the event when my tail lights were out, i fixed them right in front of him and he didnt even check my license.(best friends brother-in-law).

One time i was pulled over, when i knew i was going too fast, and it was again my best friends brother in law, and when he walked up he said "Why are you speeding?" I simply replied "I wasnt speeding, i was qualifying!" He laughed, said slow it down, and we drove away. LOVE living in a small town.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back