The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Thieves and car protection?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I had some crappy car alaram "Prestige" installed on my car, and some mofos broke into it, took all the cds and messed up the radio, yest all the other stuff was intact, week after, I gotmyself a clifford 2.5x, has a littel keychain thing that starts bleeping if my car alarm goes off. 500ft range too.

I want to look into getting an alarm before i move. Any recommendations? I noticed at the local speed shop, they have those alarms with the key-chain notification. Those any good? Any help would be appreciated...also, tips on theft deturrant!! :thumb:

Not to many alarms stand up to a thief with a jumper pak.Once he clamps the positive to the cars antenna kiss all the fuses in the car good bye.They use this method around here all the time.Thats just my 2 cents. :dsm:

ShadowWulf said:
Heh, maybe hook a cattle prod system up the steering wheel (if its metal).
OUCH! 500,000 Volts. Ive never of heard of anything like that in the US though, youd have to build it yourself proably. I did hear thst in South Africa though, due to the horrible carjacking rates there, some people have gotten permission to mount flamethrowers on their cars!

My girlfriend is from South Africa before she moved here in 2000 and I can confirm this. She said that people never got permission to DO it, but they did it until the government rules that it was unsafe and therefore not allowed anymore. People still do it. Basically they just mount a washer nozzle above the door and use a washer bottle and motor to spray gasoline. It's really nasty and people really get ####ed over when they try to jack your car. People still do it even though it's highly illegal down there. Remember that this is a country where if you get a speeding ticket, no one will track you down for simply throwing it away. Record keeping is abysmal there.
By the way, a shitty '87 Accord is like $45,000 there. They have to import all of their cars from Europe, which is why they're crazy expensive, and people go to great lengths to protect them. A newer Mercedes will EASILY run upwards of $100,000.

If a thief wants your car theres nothing you can do unless you rent a garage. My brother used to have a accord with rims and a couple other goodies. Now the first time they tried the doors didn't work(handles shaved soon after that), second time tried to drill holes on the hood where the battery is(don't get that one personally).Finally the third time while he was at work they stole the car out of our driveway by dragging it out and by pulling or pushing it with some kind of big a** jeep or truck.When they found it all that was gone was pretty much the rims and couple of cd's, the car was completely totaled just for some damn rims and a bunch of lousy cd's. If your car has something that they want there's no alarm system in the world that can help you because one way or another they will take your car.

Back on topic you install some kill switches and alarm if you park your car close to where you work and live. :dsm: :talon: :laser:

Heh, my deterrent is that I drive mine... Hard. It's pretty beat up. The parts on it are all so dirty from rallying that they'd have a tough time selling them. The parts are so beat up too that they could break at anytime. Not worth the effort of stealing I guess, it's been left in some shady places before and was always waiting for me to get back. The lack of interior, roll cage, and the race seats probably scare away joy riders. Who ever hears of a manual tranny car getting stolen anymore either, why take one of them when there's all these easier to drive automatics around? Speaking of "easy to drive", I wonder how far they'd get before the quirky idle (or lack thereof), VPC, grabby clutch, cams, and lightweight flywheel convince them it's not worth the effort!

i dont have any alarm on my car right now but i do have a full clip i keep on my window sill overlooking my car 15ft outside and i have 4 Motion detector lights pointing on my car so if anyone gets near it the lights go off and shine brightly into my room and i look to see wat is near my car.... so far its been nothing but cats, dogs, and possums but that clip is there ready to loaded in a seconds notice!!! :laugh:

1LE said:
Who ever hears of a manual tranny car getting stolen anymore either, why take one of them when there's all these easier to drive automatics around? Speaking of "easy to drive", I wonder how far they'd get before the quirky idle (or lack thereof), VPC, grabby clutch, cams, and lightweight flywheel convince them it's not worth the effort!

:laugh:

Just get a little sticker on the window that reads
"CAUTION: this motor vehicle is equipped with a clutch stiffer then Micheal Jackson at a pre-school" OMG

cuttheduck said:
:laugh:

Just get a little sticker on the window that reads
"CAUTION: this motor vehicle is equipped with a clutch stiffer then Micheal Jackson at a pre-school" OMG

ooo dats bad. :shhh:

JwUoNoG said:
What does everyone do to protect their rides?
I heard about some alarm that causes pain, and even induces vomiting. I'd like to get one of those.
Just post what you do to prevent robbery/vandalization.

haha..Myself...and both my dsm and superscort have Clifford 3.5's and yes They are called Pizo Sirens or Pain Sirens..If you have 4 of them..They will induce Vomiting in 8 seconds!! I have 4 in both my cars....It's a tight setup..I can monitor my car from a 1/4 mile away...Remote Start / turbo timer, keyless entry and security...it's tight..I got it from Best-buy when i worked there for $145.00 when it retails over $800.00...Look into some DEI products..they make the best..dan

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back