The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

the track opened up today so i'm off

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RACER-X

20+ Year Contributor
May 26, 2002
Corpus Christi, Texas
Well the track finally opend up today, and even though i'm leaving late and i'm sick i'm not going to pass up this opportunity. just had some now goodies done last week (removed cat, port and polish t.b., intake mani.,and header + some machine balanceing, and for the track some enkei rp-f1 w/ nitto 555r's), so i'm going to see if i can drop my times down. car still needs some tunning in the timming and fueling areas, but i thinnk i'll do fine. wish me luck.

hey guys just got back about 20min ago. my day didnt start off well. i cut a red light on my first 2 passes. on my 3rd pass missed 2nd and ran a 16.55@ 76.45. on my 4th pass finally got everthing right and ran a 15.46 @ 91.06. on my 5th pass bogged in 1st and ran a 15.97 @ 88.13.
on my last pass i took out my pass. seat, back seat, amps, and box, and i ran a 15.41 @ 90.92 well those are my best times and it still looks like i need some practice, but i'm very happy with my results.

yeah, but i would still need a little work and some tunning done like i said. i still need a clutch (i have a c.f d.f.c. but it's starting to slip, and it's modulated); i think i'm going to go with a act and lightened fly wheel, ignition system, fueling system (i'm running rich right now.... not sure if that's helping or hurting), and do some trial and error testing by advancing +/- on the cam sprockets to see where i would make the most power, and maybe a valve job. hopefully this would bring me down a couple of more tenths. i'm not sure though what would you guys recommend.

what were your 60' times?? That is faster than any of the guys over at 2GNT have managed so thats pretty good. With 550cc injectors you have got to be running pig rich, you should get an EGT and A/F ratio gauges and lean the car out.

Id get a little giggle juice if I were you... seems like you haev great supporting mods for a 50-60 shot...hehe

Couple questions... what pistons are you running?? What compression are you running?? Why do you need THAT much fuel??

No offense but the mods and your time just doesn't add up. But I would love for you to prove me wrong because if you did that would make you the fastest 2gnt on record I think.

I would also like to see the time slip if you can get it posted.

When did ACT start making clutches for the 420a?
-=B-=

on my fastest run 60ft was 2.916; oh, and i forgot to update that part of my mod profile i guess.. i'm not running 550 injectors. i ran them once but they made my car run like sh!t; way to big. they were going to be for the turbo kit but i never got it. i actually ran with my stock injectors which were remaped, cleaned, and balanced. i think flow rate would compare to like a 400 cc injector.

man you gotta get off the line. 2.9's are terrible. i'd advise spending serious time on the line working on your starts. the number one thing to do is to create a repetitive pattern so that your starts are all the same.

even with one wheel peel and eagle rsa's i could pull high 2.3's, you oughta be able to at least get 2.5's out of your setup.

i know kyle, actully i was wrong though my slower of my mid 15's runs was a little bit better 2.831. i was looking at 4 slips at one and just pulled the one that had the fastest et. i know still not that good though especially on drag radials..., maybe the psi was to high, i dont know. 1st time track has been open in like a year, so i'm really out of practice.

oh, and bill i wasn't aware act didn't make a clutch for n/a, i guess i'll be looking into clutch masters.

The best clutch for a 420a with a ton of power is the Clutchmaster stage 4, with the ceramic disc. That clutch is unstoppable. :D
-=B-=

and how big a dent is that going to put in my wallet? i heard of them and i know they are supposed to be good, but i've only read a little on them. because our cars come with a modulated clutch that doesen't mean that we have to stay with that setup or does it?

You can convert to a non-modular. I do not know the exact procedure so I couldn't tell you what you have to get, but its been done.

well i guess i'll have to ask around. i think that's half my problem with my centerforce. it's modulated, so can never be reserfaced, and who know just how heavy that flywheel is.

HAHAHA, i wouldnt say that Clutchmasters Stage 4 is unstoppable. There is one guy i know who fried one. Ouch!

I still think that the CM Stage 4 could be revived, if he tried hard enough. I doubt that it is truly fried. :p Well, for the modular CM Stage 4, it is 700 bux. For the non-modular, it is 550 bux. You can also get an aluminum lightened (but resurfacable) flywheel for 600 bux. When the time comes, I will be getting a non-modular CM Stage 4 with the aluminum flywheel. :D
Guess I better start saving my pennies...
-=B-=

www.clutchmasters.com

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back