The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

The Timeslip and Dyno Lists - need input

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ludachris

Founder & Zookeeper
Nov 12, 2001
Newcastle, California
Hey guys, I have been working with a couple developers to rebuild the Timeslips and Dyno lists that we used to have here on the site. Here was the most recent version of the Timeslips list:

And the Dyno list:

My vision for the rebuild of those sections was going to include allowing members to upload multiple timeslips and dyno sheets for their cars. Those timeslip and dyno records would live on the vehicle profile they're associated with. But only their fastest timeslip or biggest HP dyno session would show up in the lists. Making each timeslip and dyno sheet its own record would open the doors to allowing members to Like each one and possibly comment on each one, even share each one on social media channels.

The question is, how could these lists or the records for each timeslip/dyno sheet be more useful or engaging? What aspects could be added, or how could they be built to make them more useful and enjoyable?

Whatever you do, it would be best if a date ran was required.

Also for some of us class racers some of common race sizes would be nice. 62 or 64mm , 67, 76, ect. It's a pain on the new times site trying to search as there can be about 5 names for the same turbo. Or say you want to see what others running a 62 are going. gotta search about 5 names for each of the 5 different 62mm turbos there are.

For trans, synchro or dogbox, or auto.

NO DRAGGY SUBMISSIONS. Yeah i know it reads the same as the track, but its not the same as going to the track. Any one can make 800 passes on the street to report one good one, but get them at the track and they choke.

In the end it's probably not worth your effort. Seems like about 5 guys that actually have running cars that go to the track with them.

In the end it's probably not worth your effort. Seems like about 5 guys that actually have running cars that go to the track with them.
Yeah, I know. And how many of those 5 guys will take the time to come in here and actually upload the data from their runs, as opposed to just posting a photo of the timeslip on FB? Still, I might do it anyway. Maybe we'll actually get some more support from the DSMers who are going to the track.

How about adding a Draggy 60-130 list? These are extremely popular (accurate) and helpful to compare for people especially those who never go to to the track or can't legally run at the track.
That shouldn't be too tough - just an additional field to add. Then add a sorting option in the list to view the list sorted by that criteria.

Dragy FTW. People cherry pick track time slips too, just seems silly to not allow them. No different really.

I say do it Luda. I’ll personally use them for all my cars. Plus it’s nice to have.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back