1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

The time has come!

Posted by Bluesfan420, Sep 14, 2020

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication
  1. Bluesfan420

Bluesfan420 Probationary Member

Joined Sep 14, 2020
    St. Charles, Missouri
    hello everyone im going to build what I imagine will be one of the only evo 8 4g63 awd gs eclipse in the entire midwest. Ive done many hours of research and im ready to pull the trigger. Huge shout out to MiguelDSM on youtube for putting this idea in my head and parts list youre the goat im looking for parts and the occasional helpful thread to help make this swap happen. Need a jdk awd diff from an automatic gsx an evo 8 engine and the trans and transfer case out of an evo 4g-6g aswell as a gsx rear subframe and gas tank.

2. Dericsh

Dericsh Supporting Member

Joined Nov 25, 2002
    Pearl River, Louisiana
    Good luck! Make sure to create a vehicle profile and a build thread so we can follow along.

Street Build 388  2

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    fwd · manual · 1G DSM
  3. Bluesfan420

Joined Sep 14, 2020
    St. Charles, Missouri
    Will do. The second I can find a 6gen evo trans and transfer case this build will go full swing. Tossing around the idea of a YouTube channel. MiguelDSM is the only channel I've seen for this swap. It's a FULL build this things a total shit box right now.

Dericsh likes this.
  4. ChessmoDSM

ChessmoDSM Proven Member

Joined Apr 22, 2017
    Burlington, Vermont
    Good Luck, you are certainly going to need it!!

Street Build 464  2

1992 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo AWD
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
  5. Bluesfan420

Joined Sep 14, 2020
    St. Charles, Missouri
    Thanks much. From what im seeing theres 1 awd swap in Russia and 1 in Southern cali. If i can pull it off it'll be 1 of 3 confirmed in the world

6. Michael Nowakowski

Michael Nowakowski Probationary Member

Joined Sep 16, 2020
    Algonquin, Illinois
    Sounds like a blast! Can’t wait until I find something I can finally sink my teeth into. Good luck on the build, can’t wait to see your progress!

7. Bluesfan420

Joined Sep 14, 2020
    St. Charles, Missouri
    Unfortunately this is probably going to be a pretty slow build. Part of the reason I joined was in the hopes of finding some of these rare parts. They didn't sell anything older than the 8th gen evo in the US so parts have been a huge headache and they're some of the most important pieces for the build. Ive called a couple importers and haven't had luck yet.