The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

The The Official stupid things cops have said to you thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the 5-0 in myrtle are stupid. I got a ticket for noise pollution at 7:00PM..... at 9:00PM, there were mustangs doing burnouts on the streets and the cops were just watching... and actually appeared to be enjoying themselves.

I was in my 1g at the time.

haha that video is awesome

...driving along the blvd in myrtle (which runs along side the beach...) going, say 15 in a 35. There is alot of people around, and i think i was trying to check otu some chicks or something...then i get pulled over out of nowhere.

cop-do you know y i pulled you over?\
me-ummm....not really....y?
cop-You look liek you were thinking about speeding! please step out of the car.

then, io get my entire car searched, bc i had some hand tools in the back and he thought it was VERY weird, and i must me a drug lord car thief.

...so i let him search, no biggie, im clean. Then he finds nothing and wasted a half hour of hisown time...and gives me a warning for "2 fast for conditions" WTF!

ha

WTF Looked like you were thinking about speeding!? I think that would be considered harrassment. They can't pull you over for that.:toobad:

Haha that is awesome dude. Did he actually quit his job after that? I hope so, that would be one less **** cop on the force.

Well the last time i seen him, i was working for a temp agency at a factory and when i pulled in I seen him in the security booth standing looking at me like what the hell. He then tried to write me a ticket for driving to fast in a parking lot. Guess what Dumb ass there's camera's everywhere. and it truly shows i pulled away from the booth and parked not maybe 10 feet from there. Yea he got fired a week later for harassment. Best shit ever Karma bit him in the ass twice:tease:

Well the last time i seen him, i was working for a temp agency at a factory and when i pulled in I seen him in the security booth standing looking at me like what the hell. He then tried to write me a ticket for driving to fast in a parking lot. Guess what Dumb ass there's camera's everywhere. and it truly shows i pulled away from the booth and parked not maybe 10 feet from there. Yea he got fired a week later for harassment. Best shit ever Karma bit him in the ass twice:tease:

ROFL Good! Every **** cop deserves that.

I think there are two sides to every story.

After hunting without a license, while trespassing, and carrying marijuana with two warrants for his arrest. Idiot A. says as he's transported to jail

"Do you realize what you're taking from me! I'm going to lose my house! This is all your fault."

Oh wait, this isn't stupid things idiots said to cops is it?

+1 - there's some genuinely good police officers out there, then there's some cynical a$$hole thugs with a badge, a gun, and a license to act like a moron, like said cop^^^^^^

I hate these types of thread. It always turns into a cop basing thread... I would like to see what you have to say about them if they ceased to exist one day.

I think there are two sides to every story.

After hunting without a license, while trespassing, and carrying marijuana with two warrants for his arrest. Idiot A. says as he's transported to jail

"Do you realize what you're taking from me! I'm going to lose my house! This is all your fault."

Oh wait, this isn't stupid things idiots said to cops is it?

There are a lot of good police officers out there. I had a couple cool ones when I got my DUI. I BS'ed with the entire way downtown. We talked about their cruisers and what mods they do to them to step them up a bit. They were really cool, and were just doing their jobs taking my drunk ass off the streets. I have no problems with the. Im not looking to bash the police in general with this thread. We are all talking about the ones who are pricks who think they have to harass us because we drive "imports" or "tuners" or whatever they want to call our cars. And because they just think were punk ass kids who are up to no good, street racing, doing burnouts, and raising hell or whatever else. Those are the cops we all are talking about here.

So don't get me wrong. If youre doing somethhing that is against the law, you deserve to get busted for it. But they dont have the right to treat us like shit because we drive a certain type of car.

I hate these types of thread. It always turns into a cop basing thread... I would like to see what you have to say about them if they ceased to exist one day.
it just lets people vent their feelings. here ill give a story about a good cop :)
i was pulling out of bank of america onto the highway. the exit ramp is like 100 feet from bank of america. since i was lazy i was in 2nd gear around 4~4.5k rpm going to the exit ramp, dident see the cop right next to the exit LOL. he follows me for a little and pulls me over. thinking to myself im going to get a ticket. this was my first time getting pulled over so i was a little shaky. asks me for my info and it went like this:
cop: know why i pulled you over?
me: is it because my car is loud?
cop:yea, and it sounds pretty cool! and he left LOL

LOL was awsome, i think the cop is a car guy. just 2 weeks later he pulls over my friend (he drives a loud, lifted truck) for speeding. cop forgets why he pulled him over and they start talking about the truck and all LOL.

I pray for the day, when This brainless type of police officer ceases to exist. I bet you're also for laws that make it possible for a burglar to sue you if you shoot him while he runs away(to possibly go steal from someone else).

Cop pulled me over, but clocked the guy next to me and wrote me up for 5 over. It was BS but not much i could do, i asked:

Me: What about the guy going past me?
Cop: You ever gone fishing son?
Me: Uhhh, yes?
Cop: Well like fishing we cant catch them all

Another encounter just driving on the highway, all 4 windows down (this was my other car btw), not speeding, i see the cop "hiding" up ahead. Radar goes off, i smile and laugh because i have done nothing wrong. Sure enough, cop pulls out and lights go on.

Cop: Your exhaust is pretty loud, and illegal
Me: How so officer?
Cop: That muffler is illegal
Me: What are you talking about? It has all the requirements and i have a cat
Cop: Well its loud
Me: Take a decibel reading sir (He didnt do it, ### i no mine was legal)
Cop: Errr well.... i could, but how bout u roll up your windows
Me: Why officer? (they were down the whole time)
Cop: Ahhh yup, like i guessed tints

After it all, he wrote me a fix-it ticket for my tints

Coolest thing a cop has said: i was speeding, didnt no the speed limit on the road, my first time on the road.

Cop: Going a little fast
Me: um isnt it 35?
Cop: its 25
Me: i explain it was my first time on the road and didnt see any signs
Cop: leaves wit my stuff comes back. Alright, (hands me the paper folder, holds the ticket) im not gonna give you a ticket, just slow down...and take the radar out until you decide to slow down.

i have a story similar to that one...cop pulls me over and asked me if i knew how fast i was going...(speed limit is 35) i said yeah i was doing around 45 50...he asked me if i knew the speed limit i said no i just got here from oklahoma and i assumed it was 45...(just got to arizona but i knew it was 35)
then he asks me to get out of the car and all of the sudden hes looking for weed in my car...i have been driving for 10 min at least with both windows down and i dont even smoke weed...he keeps harassing me saying the car smells like pot...all i said well thas not my fault...then he comes back and says ok get out of here i cant wait for someone else to show up to do a search...i was w/e and left...no ticket...no warnings...i was mad at the cop but didnt wana push my luck with the tickets so i just left...

riding with my friend. we got pulled over.

after talking a few minutes with the cop, the cop asked, "is that a roach?"

my buddy looks him straight in the face and says, "man, i just had the terminix spray my jeep like two weeks ago."

eh, about an hour later we got back in the jeep with the cop being nice, since all he found was a roach in the front ashtray.

but when we got back in the roach was gone. LOL.

The problem I have with these threads is that I know how out of context they're taken, how the stories have gotten twisted, and how very very little truth there is to anything posted. Now don't get me wrong, there are times when cops have made stupid mistakes or acted foolish, it happens and I'm not denying it. But I've also heard stories like these about officers and known they were full of lies. Now just to show I'm not butt hurt, I'll share a story of another officer who "made a mistake".

My wife and I had just purchased a new car and had a paper plate in the window until we received our new plate in the mail. We were cruising through a rather unfriendly part of town (Pontiac) to visit my mom and stepdad who lived in the better end of town. I was doing about 30mph in a 35mph zone and was in the right hand lane with several vehicles passing me in the left hand lane. I noticed the pretty blue and red flashers behind me and pulled into a lit parking lot, turned my dome light on, and kept my hands on the steering wheel. The officer approached and I identified myself and gave him our information, I could see him shine his flashlight and "notice" the plate in the window. He didn't know what a Conservation Officer was so I explained my job to him and he, rather confused, said slow down and left. My wife and I had a pretty good laugh. I know I was pulled over because he didn't see a plate and we were driving through a "bad part of town" but I think out of habit he just said "slow down" instead of admitting he pulled me over because he didn't see a plate.

Oh well, I remember pulling a guy over for blowing a stop sign, then finding out there wasn't a stop sign there, felt like a douchebag and apologized for my mistake. See even I've made mistakes!

I got pulled over for "unsafe movement". I was following a car that was going 5 MPH under the speed limit, so i downshifted and whipped around the guy and right after that i got pulled over. The cop gets up to the window and starts talking to me:
cop: how fast do you think you were going?
me: im not sure, my speedometer is broken
cop: (looking at my boost/wideband gages on a-pillar) Well you should know because you have two other speedometers right here! (pointing to gages)
me: :confused:

Me and a buddy had just left the city pool and got pulled over in my 1g for "squealing tires through an intersection". I politely told the officer that my vehicle is all wheel drive, and if I was squealing the tires then that mean I am about to wreck because it just wont do that stock.

As he is taking my license and proof of insurance, he ask me "Your eyes are bloodshot, have you been drinking?" To which I promptly reply "Your eyes are glazed, have you been eating doughnuts?"

After a 45 minute car search (which I okayed, I had nothing to hide) and a field sobriety test (which I passed) I was let go with a warning "If you are going to be driving like this (WTF) do it out in the county so I don't have to see it."

here is my best one.
got pulled over a few blocks from home I work afternoons so it was 11pm. they were looking for drunks.
cop: do you know why I pulled you guys over
me: no
cop: were are you guys headed
me: home from work it is 2 blocks down
cop: do you guys know that your tint is to dark
me: (got tired of the bs) what do you me you guys
cop: the 2 of you in the car
me: what me and my lunch box
(cop) not saying any thing looks really conifused at this point
cop: have a nice night (walks away imbarresed)

all this was going on when I was in my 1995 evolution III. he did not even realize the car was RHD and I was the only one in it till I said somthing about it

Damn I was confused as hell till I read the end. Thats a good one! gavme a good laugh :tease:

Ok so here is a good story about a young Texas State Trooper. I was heading to the drag strip in my camaro for the first time with the new engine. I put it in about 2 weeks before and had been having a little fun here and there spinning the tires from a light or sliding arround a corner or two in the mean time. So here I am getting ready to pull on to the highway and I see a 5.0 Rustang pull up behind me with purdy blue flashing lights in the grill and on the dash so I pull over. I know I have done nothing wrong at this point.
ME: Hello Officer
Him: Hi Nice car. Kinda loud.
Me: Yes only have headers and glasspacks
Him: How fast will it go?
Me: I dunno. New engine, heading to the track for the first time.
Him: Lets find out. Bet ya I'll smoke ya.
Me: Naw I dont think so.
Him: Im serious I just got this car and I wanna see how quickly Ill catch ya.
Me: You go first then I'll pass ya once you break the speed limit.
Him: Yea OK.

So we take off him in front. We hit 75 i down shift and pass him like nothin chirping tires as I go. Bout 2 miles Later after I pull over he pulls up.
Him: HOLY S%^t! That thing is fast!
Me: No you just have a police issue Mustang.
Him: Have fun at the track.
Me: Have fun chasing Camaros.

My car wasnt that fast in reality. It was faster than the 5.0 but in comparisson to most of the cars at the drag strip I was slow.

Last edited by a moderator:
To preface this, I use to street race, back when it was cool. I had a Civic at the time, but I was 16 and F&F just came out and I got into it. I got busted when I was 18 and had my car impounded and crushed during the infamous Harris Avenue bust.

I also was there the night that my friend was killed by a Woonosocket cop, and am an outspoken critic of them and their corruption. That's another story for another time, but my name is known and synonmous with street racing, so usually stops don't go my way (4 years good driving record now because I DD a Camry and have a family). So these are all from when I was 19 and onwards due to losing my license for one year for the street racing bust. Right up until the birth of my son when I was 23, I am 27 now.

I was 19 and bought my first DSM a 1997 GST with 67K miles and in very clean conditon. One night we are at Denny's (me and a friend who also got busted on Harris, he is now in his 1996 Integra RS). I just got the car a few weeks prior. So we finish eatting and are talking to some girls and then we go to leave, my buddy being a bonehead wants to impress him so he does the best burner he can. I do not follow suit, admittedly only because I saw the cop in the next parking lot over. Now my car is red and his silver. My buddy flies out of the parking lot and down the road, I take my time as I see the cop moving, we had 1 mile radius walkie talkies, nothing special, but we though we were cool, so I tell my buddy the cop is probably coming for him and to speed up and try to get into Cranston (we were in Warwick).

I pull out using my directional and all and proceed to do the speed limit and I see the cop coming up behind me, so I figure he will flash me to let him by to go after my buddy. Sure enough lights come on and I start to pull to the side and then I realize he is pulling to the side as well, so I am basically wondering what the hell he is doing. This is how my arrogant self handled the situation and the stupidity that flowed from this cops mouth.

Me: What the hell are you pulling me over for?
Cop: Excuse me?
Me: I said what the hell are you pulling me over for?
Cop: First off, don't talk to me like that, you will respect me. I am pulling you over for doing burnouts at Denny's.
Me: I didn't do burnouts at Denny's, my buddy did and if you don't hurry up, you won't catch him.
Cop: You were both doing burnouts, I can smell the burnt rubber on your car.
Me: No you can smell the burnt rubber from the parking lot of Denny's because you happened to pull me over in front of Denny's.
Cop: (Goes to the rear wheels and touches them.) They are still hot, I know you did them as well.
Me: Well, aside from the fact that rubber heats up under friction, which we call physics, my car is Front Wheel Drive, so I highly doubt my rear tires are all that hot and I doubt even more that the car morphed into a RWD for this specific incident.
Cop: (Gets on hands and knees and shines a flashlight under my car, presumably checking if it had a rear differential.) Look, my shift is about to end and I don't want to have to do all the paperwork for bringing you in for reckless driving, so just don't do it again.
Me: (Under breath, sort of.) It must be hard to admit your a dumb-ass.
Cop: I am going to give you a warning and if you make one more smart-ass remark, maybe I do have time for the paperwork to bring you in.

---

Pulling out of work I get pulled over maybe 100 feet down the street. Mind you my GST is bone stock, this particular GST was always bone stock.

Cop: How's it going this evening.
Me: Was going great until about 30 seconds ago when some asshole decided to waste my time.
Cop: Sorry to hear that. (Still to this day, I don't know if he realized I was referring to him.) I pulled you over today for illegal modifications to your vehicle and given your past history, I think you know why.
Me: Car is stock.
Cop: Sure it is, step out of the car and we can go on a ticket tour together.
Me: Sounds like fun, hopefully I am tall enough for all the rides.
(Walk to rear of car.)
Cop: This here exhaust is not OEM specification and is louder than original manufacturer's equipment.
Me: That's funny officer, I didn't realize Mitsubishi made aftermarket parts for the car. Seeing as how this one is stamped by Mitsubishi and has a Mitsubishi part number on it.
(Cop gets flustered and angry)
Cop: Car is also too low to the ground.
Me: Doubt that too as I could pitch a tent underneath it and take a nap. However, RI law says that my vehicle must have at least 3 inches of clearance and if you have a ruler, I would be glad to check it for you.
Cop: Pop your hood wise guy.
Me: Ok.
(Pops hood.)
Cop: Nice turbo you have there, you can't weasel your way out of that one.
Me: May I grab my owner's manual?
Cop: Sure thing.
Me: Here you go officer GST, engine listed as 4 Cylinder turbocharged. Let me guess, I typed that in there when you weren't looking.
Cop: I am giving you a warning for your exhaust. (Basically to make me have to spend $39.00 to get it re-inspected to prove it meets state guidelines.) Have a great night.

I've got one for this thread. This is about drunk driving. Yes i know it's dangerous and stupid, and i don't usually do it, but every now and then shit happens.

I was on the highway in my truck, not hammered but certainly over the legal limit, when i noticed a cop behind me. A minute later i get pulled over and he walks over to the truck, gets my license/reg and the convo went like this:

Cop: "Do you know why i'm stopping you?"
Me: "No, i don't"
Cop: "You were swerving between lanes, have you been drinking?"
Me: "No, not at all. I thought i could see the outline of a push-bar in my mirror and i was trying to figure out if i was being followed by a cop, so i wasn't focused on the road"
Cop: "No, you were swerving before i was behind you"
Me: "How could you know i was swerving, if you weren't following me at the time?"
Cop: (Very confused look): "You're good"

He handed me my license and reg and walked away, never even ran my info. I might have been drunk (as i am right now, if i'm honest), but i was still smarter than him.

Got stopped one night years ago after I just cut my airbox, removed my bov dump tube, and installed a k&n drop in filter. The puny little stock bov was actually pretty noticeable. Wasn't speeding or anything. The conversation with the butch ladycop went like this.

cop: "Sounded like you were trying to get somebody's attention. Well ya got mine."
me: "What do you mean?"
cop: "The sound you were making with your car."
me: "When I shifted?"
cop: "Whatever, it got my attention."
me: "That's my blow off valve"
cop: "Well you need to get it fixed"
me: "It's not broken, it's supposed to sound like that."
cop: "Well I'll give you a break this time but next time you can tell it to the judge."

Another instance when I was riding with a friend in his 96 Z28 with a flowmaster exhaust. We pull up next to a late 80s model, beat up escort with a busted exhaust. Light turns green and we take off easy while the escort takes off faster buy by no means is trying to race us. Blue lights . . . we pull over.

cop: "license and registration. Ya know why I stopped you?"
my friend: "I have no clue"
cop: "I saw you racing that other car at the light."
friend: "The ESCORT!!?? SERIOUSLY!!?? The one that just left me doing like 30? You really think if was actually racing that thing I'd lose?
cop: steps back and looks at the car . . . "Good point. You boys have a nice night, and stay out of trouble."

Cop walked back to his car and drove off. Had to be the coolest cop ever.

so I'm 17 sitting at the stoplight waiting for it to turn green and as i do i gun it and half way through the intersection i see the cop pull up so I'm like F*ck!. i drive 3 blocks didn't speed or anything and his lights go on. so i pull over and he asks for insurance and i couldn't remember were my card was so i gave him the hole packet and he was mad cause of that so he comes back and tells me that he pulled me over cause my exhaust was loud but we don't have fix it tickets in hutch so just get that fixed and he walked away

I was simply on my way through town to the car wash then on to return a movie when I met a squad car at a 4-way. Once I went by I noticed them turning around so I took an immediate right and pulled into a nearby bank ATM. Once they drove by I went back to the 4-way and on to the car wash. Out of nowhere I was blocked into the car wash by 2 patrol cars flying up with blue lights and sirens going off like crazy. They asked me what I was doing and where I was going. DUH washing my car. One policeman said they were pulling me over due to having red neons on the front of my car while the other K-9 cop asked if I had a problem w/them searching my car. I had no problem to go ahead. The one cop you could tell was embarassed by the K-9 cop. Of course they found nothing, but I have never in my life been caught up in something like that. They made me cut the wires to my neons before they let me out of the wash bay. Oh well.

So i was late to class and I blew right through a stop sign on campus and this chick campus cop throws hers lights on. I pretty much stopped right away since I knew I ####ed up. I have to leave my car running because my tune was garbage and if the car was hot it didn't like to start on the ethanol so she can barely hear me.. Straight 3in exhaust no cats no muffler straight sounds like a diesel with an HX40 whistling.

cop-" SOOO how much do you got into this thing"
Me-(completely surprised of the question)" Alot more than I wish to say"
cop-" haha well you know why I pulled you over?"
Me- "Ya I am sorry I blew right through that stop sign." I handed her all my information because I get pulled over so much it is easily accessible.
cop-" Ok I will be right back"

cop comes back-" Hey so what is that switch on the back of your car?"
Me-(surprised again at the question)-" Ummmm well you need it at the track if your battery is back there"
cop-" OO ok well your insurance is expired but the system shows it still active, make sure you get your new insurance and stop next time".
me- " Thanks officer"

EVERYONE on campus is looking at me and I was kinda of embarrassed but that was the coolest but weirdest thing I have heard a cop say. Kinda stupid I guess.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back