The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

The The Official stupid things cops have said to you thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This is why i don't miss Norther Va, PA, Maryland or about any other east coast metro area i've lived in. They have WAY more major shit going on but are constantly pulling people over for no reason other than getting a ticket quota or hoping to make that "standard traffic stop" that turns into "the bust of the year" for smuggling or some shit. I can't even count how often i was pulled over as a teen (and i thought that's why it was too) But noow i'm in my mid 30's and my friends that live back east still say they are constantly stopped like we were when we were young and doing dumb shit.

Out here in Nebraska, we are a pretty good size city, but our crime rate is pretty upbeat/rampant and the cops focus on that, not pulling over people for dumb reasons and i thank god that i've found a place where the police aren't brainwashed into the Nazi-know-it-all types that they seem to breed back east (although i still miss the east coast i don't miss the police out there)

I haven't got a thing against an officer at all, i commend them on their thankless jobs, and i thank them for all they do and for as nice as the ones out here have been to me when i have been stopped for really doing something ilegal, (speeding, wheelies years ago, tint etc..)

Here in NE motorsports is a large part of the way of life for most, circle track racing, drags etc.. some one in every family has something fast..

But the best part is you actually have to do something worth being pulled over for to get messed with, and even then we aren't gettign searched for no reason and such like many east coast stops go down.

Our cops are focused on fighting the meth problem, and the troubles it brings. Hell i don't even smoke weed anymore (havne't for a ong time) but here they usually grind it into the dirt and ticket you at most (next state over though iowa, a seed = arrested)

Sorry i don't have a cool story, but by being respoectfull, stopping when im being pulled or they light up cherry's behind me and just being a civil person about whatever they say and my response wether it in defense or agreeance with their statements, i've been treated very well by the police out here and I thank all the NE cops for being realistic about life, cars and what's really and "offense" and what's not

I think the dumbest thing i've ever been stopped for on the east coast was "object hanging from rear vioew mirror to obstruct vision" LOL just wanted a reason to stop me it was in a town i was known in for driving illegal dirtbikes on streets, racing weed etc.. (when i was 17)

Dumbest thing i've ever been stopped for here was leaving work on a construction site at 11PM and having all the numbers on my equipment ran, but the cops were really cool, didn't want to bother with anything but seeing if i was one of the people that had been burglarizing construction sites and stealing expensive tools/equipment (this = working on fighting REAL CRIME) And i had a great conversation with the cops overall, thanked them for doing some real work bacause as i told them "it's good knowing you're workin on this problem because my tools are my living and it's good to see some one is working to help those of us who do get ripped off and can't make our living untill we replace/recover our working tools.

I"m also a freemason and do a lot of volounteer work with the state police here and even they are way cooler than any statey in any other state i've ever been in.. Yea they've ticketed me for tint, but oh well.. once in 14 years is nothing comapred to the almost once weekly minimum of being pulled for something dumb back in VA/MD/D.C> metro area

Wow, I never thought about that but that's true. I am always aware of the police and with my new 98 GSX I'll be sure and try not to have a story about it here:D. But yea, in NE it's mainly the crime issue and I do feel bad about those who have assholes for cops.

So this just happened last night..
Me and my friend were just cruising around in my thunderbird after getting some hot wings when i noticed my blinker is out (turn signal indicator starts blinking really fast) i say to myself i better not get pulled over, as soon as i say that im making a right turn and sure enough lights in the rear view mirrior..

Cop: Know what im pulling you over for?
Me: Probably cause my blinker just burned out
Cop: Well if you knew that why didnt you fix it?
Me: It just went out right now
Cop: bulbs dont just go out like that
Me: :hmm: how else do they go out than?
Cop: they flicker before they go out
Me: its a turn signal bulb, all it does is flicker..
Cop: If your gonna be a smartass why dont i look up your records
Me: go ahead i have nothing to hide
cop comes back from running my records and says..
Cop: you have a warrant for your arrest
Me: in complete shock say, really?
Cop: no im just messing with you have a good night and leaves.

Apart from the already funny conversation with the cop the funniest part of the story is my friend is sitting next to me still eating hot wings and throwing the bones out the window as were sitting there, i have super bright HIDs, complete limo tint all around, blacked out tail lights, super loud exhaust with no mufflers or cats and he never mentioned a thing. Also he never even asked for my insurance or registration, just my license.

Have too many stories to tell on this subject. I am always getting haggled for either my tint, tails, or stupid damn plate cover. I swear they have a bolo on my car, and talk to each other to pull me over.

Ridding with my bro in his 07 GTO across town. Highway Patrol car coming up pretty fast behind us and fallowed use for about five minutes and I said to my bro, "your going to get a ticket for your tinted windows for sure". Right when i said that the patrol car moved to the passenger side and I can clearly see that he was trying to look through the tint. My bro looks at me and said "I bet we're not going to get pulled over" and starts to speed up. I lean over to look and he was at 80mph with the patrol car right next to us. The officer got on his speaker and told us to slow down and then sped off and went and pulled over a civic that was about 10 cars ahead of us.

I said to my bro, "you are one lucky ass bastard". He replied, "nope, it's because I don't drive an import anymore".

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back